AK or DHS after 12 noon?

saibasabu

Hi everyone,

I’ll be at WDW for two days in late April of this year. I’ve already selected base tickets for those two days and I’ve decided on DHS and AK as the parks. Epcot and MK will come at another time. On the second day, I’ll have as much time as I need. However, on the first day, I fly in to MCO in the morning. There’s a chance I can get into the park before noon. Realistically though, I may ended up not making it until around that time. Which park is more likely for me to get on every attraction at least once in that time frame? At a glance, I would think AK would be easier since MMRR is opening at DHS and of course everything else they have by comparison. I just wanted to ask the experts here to see what they say.

Thanks for reading!

ToInfinity

Definitely AK, IMO. Especially if you are able to get fast passes 30 days out for Everest, FoP, and Safari. But if you can’t get FoP, try for NRJ! With the new Star Wars things at HS and MMRR, I think it will definitely require a full day at HS. AK has always been more of a half day park for us anyway!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Abolutely, AK. Without a rope drop arrival at HS, you're doomed. There are so few "rides" that the lines build quickly and stay long all day, and of course, you won't get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group unless you're there at rope drop or shortly thereafter.

AK is a far better "late arrival" park. With FP+, you can reserve some of the longer-line attractions (@ToInfinity's selections are spot on) and cover an appreciable amount of the park. If you can't get a FP+ for FoP, jump in line a few minutes before park closing for the shortest wait of the evening.

In fact, AK is the park my family is doing on our arrival day for our upcoming trip, and despite high crowds, with the FP+ we have in place we should be able to cover a good 2/3 of the park (including shows and trails) in about 6 hours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

AK... I imagine that even months away in April it still wont be as frantic a park as DHS is. The new attractions will be the driving factor for guests being in DHS and your availability to do as much will be greatly decreased. AK does have a lot to do and is worth devoting the time.

Upvote 0

DISR

Pandora is a must-see at night anyway. If you start your day there at noon, it will be easy to occupy yourself in the park until the lights come on there.

Upvote 0

ELG13

I would get a FP for the Safari around sunset if that's an option. The animals are so active at that time it's pretty incredible?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom