Airline Tickets

Dayzie914

Am I supposed to get my plane tickets in the mail or am I just supposed to print the boarding passes when I check-in online the day before? ( I booked through Disney Online and have already received my confirmations and such)

Thanks

hansel1

When we bought airfare through disney, they sent us what looked like boarding passes. These were seperate from our other disney credentials. We had our options of going directly to the airline website and printing boarding passes or going to the airport and using a terminal or counter person.

We inserted our "tickets" into the delta terminal and it gave us the option of 1st class for $100, it was our honeymoon so we did it. They spit out our boarding passes for both legs of our flight.

We booked our airfar about 6-7 months before our trip and recieved our "tickets" (booklet w/boarding pass looking things) about 1 week later.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Normally I book my own tickets. When I booked through Disney last fall, they sent exactly what the poster above indicated: tickets printed on boarding pass stock, that had the confirmation on them and the eTicket numbers. I checked in at home the night before the flight. As long as you have the record locator number you are good to go, but Disney should mail you something in one of your packets pre-departure.

Upvote 0

Dayzie914

Original Poster
I am leaving in 10 days and have not gotten airline tickets. The only things I have gotten that have flight info on them is the magical express tags and some confirmation letters from Disney. I was planning to check in online, but am not sure if the reservation number I have for the trip is the one I use to check in.

Thanks

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

If you are flying on AirTran Airways, you will receive paper tickets within 14 days of booking.

If you are using any other airline booked with Disney, your will only receive e-ticket information which will be printed on your final travel documents. Disney no longer sends out passenger receipts.

On your fight date, you simply need to present a Government issued photo ID (one per Adult) at the airline Ticket Counter to receive your boarding pass. It is of course always advised that you contact the airline directly to reconfirm your fight intinerary at least one day prior.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

RedGear

It depends on the airline. I know that you print them out when you get to the airport for Northwest and American, but these are the only two that I ever fly on, so I can tell you for a fact that they do the print out at the airport! Good luck!
I guess if you don't get tickets in the mail, then you are going to have to print them out at the aitport. :wave:

Upvote 0

sring

JPVonDrake said:
If you are flying on AirTran Airways, you will receive paper tickets within 14 days of booking.

JP, Is there some special reason for the paper tickets on AirTran? I was a bit surprised when they showed up in the mail last year. I'm not an airtran regular, but I thought they had an e-ticket check-in kiosk in here in Philly when I did use them.

Just curious.

Thanks for the insight.

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

I booked a package through AAA for Disney and I just received a confirmation page from Disney that stated my seat numbers, confirmation numbers and flight number etc. I just went to the desk (Delta) gave our names and showed our ID and they printed my boarding passes for the trip.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

sring said:
JP, Is there some special reason for the paper tickets on AirTran? I was a bit surprised when they showed up in the mail last year. I'm not an airtran regular, but I thought they had an e-ticket check-in kiosk in here in Philly when I did use them.

Just curious.

Thanks for the insight.

Each airline creates their own policies, that we at Disney are required to follow as part of our contract with them. AirTran simply requires the Guest to have a paper ticket issued by us. If the Guest needs to make any changes, the tickets must be returned before new tickets are issued, as the paper ticket does have a cash value. All of the rest of our air partners only required e-tickets which have no cash value, making changes easier and faster (but not necessarily cheaper.:hammer: )

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom