Rumor Air Disney?

Slov72

Original Poster
I've seen some recent rumors arise about Disney either opening their own airline or partnering to bring themed planes to existing airlines. Any truth to this rumor?

FigmentFan82

Yes there is!
https://mousemuseum.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/img129.jpg?w=242&h=344

Should be online just in time for the 50th!

Tank Man

I've seen some recent rumors arise about Disney either opening their own airline or partnering to bring themed planes to existing airlines. Any truth to this rumor?
Eastern Airlines was the name of one they had a long time ago that ran out of business (I think so)

Tank Man

And on eastern you could listen to disney stuff when you plugged your headphones in.
I did the same, from the awesome old Eastern terminal at Logan, loved the sort of "jet age" style.:
b07b7d541278a79dcc701f42ef93e0ae.jpg
I sadly have never gone on it even though it no longer exists today, it would be nice for it to return but only if Disney made it like their cruise lines, “doing it the Disney way” as Rob Plays will say.
I have heard lots of great memories about it so I wonder if they want to bring it back

Janir

It wouldn't make much sense for Disney to go into air service. Its already paper think margins happening. Some sort of partnership/branding thing would work ok , but at this point they don't need to try to draw more people to the resorts by flight, DLR current self inflicted issues not withstanding, most airlines are bringing in a ton of people to WDW from around the world and to other Disney resorts, partnering with 1 airline to be official airline of Disney is advertising they don't need to spend. They don't need the name recognition anymore. Now if an airline wanted to pay DISNEY to be the official airline, that's a different story. Could any one airline afford to do that? Dunno. But that's the calculus as I see it.

TrainsOfDisney

There was a time that Disney May have considered this. At one time Disney wanted to own and control everything about the experience. Slowly.... more and more 3rd parties have been let in.

Even Magical Express is 3rd party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom