Trip Report Ah yeah, Dray is back and ready to rumble. A live attempt...

So we were supposed to be here Saturday but we just got here two hours ago. Let's just say so far the trip so far has been like Oregon trail. We went to our hotel and got checked in and then we went to grab something to eat at Wendy's.

We were sitting at the red light in front of the machine gun place on 192 and some lady decided she was going to head over in front of me from the emergency lane. Nah, don't think so, brah.

Anyways, right now we are at Disney Springs, so if you're down there feel free to say hello. I'm wearing the Polamalu Jersey.

draybook

Original Poster
The trip home was uneventful for the most part. However, right outside of the Gainesville city limits, we hit a traffic jam. It took just over an hour to clear. I didn't see any ambulances, so that's good. That being said, I saw one car being put up on the flatbed truck and it was literally a burnt shell. I thought I had seen black smoke from that direction shortly before the jam. Hopefully, everyone is alright. The only other slow-down was when we stopped at Steak N Shake(not my favorite) in Tallahassee. That took another hour and they weren't even busy. Nice workers, though.

I forgot to mention that we not only got another Christmas ornament at Disney Spring, which is our every trip tradition, but we also got one of those replica LaL bricks. I'll post a picture of that later, it's buried in the car at the moment.

All in all it wasn't too long of a drive. We hit 192 right at 3:24pm and got home at 5:15am. By 5:30, we were all snoozing. We have definitely decided that we are going to do whatever it takes to fly each trip. If we must drive, we're going to break it up into 2 days because the two little guys weren't having it. Chris has a habit of hollering at Jace when Jace is crying, so it's like a very loud competition. Now imagine that going while you're tired from driving and the Alabama DOT has decided to put the orange barrels almost in the only lane that's useable for driving. Yeah, good times...lol.

On a final note, there's almost nothing sadder than getting home from a vacation and seeing what's left in the fridge. Oy vey!

Again, thanks for following along and I'll post a few more pictures as the day progresses!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The trip home was uneventful for the most part. However, right outside of the Gainesville city limits, we hit a traffic jam. It took just over an hour to clear. I didn't see any ambulances, so that's good. That being said, I saw one car being put up on the flatbed truck and it was literally a burnt shell. I thought I had seen black smoke from that direction shortly before the jam. Hopefully, everyone is alright. The only other slow-down was when we stopped at Steak N Shake(not my favorite) in Tallahassee. That took another hour and they weren't even busy. Nice workers, though.

I forgot to mention that we not only got another Christmas ornament at Disney Spring, which is our every trip tradition, but we also got one of those replica LaL bricks. I'll post a picture of that later, it's buried in the car at the moment.

All in all it wasn't too long of a drive. We hit 192 right at 3:24pm and got home at 5:15am. By 5:30, we were all snoozing. We have definitely decided that we are going to do whatever it takes to fly each trip. If we must drive, we're going to break it up into 2 days because the two little guys weren't having it. Chris has a habit of hollering at Jace when Jace is crying, so it's like a very loud competition. Now imagine that going while you're tired from driving and the Alabama DOT has decided to put the orange barrels almost in the only lane that's useable for driving. Yeah, good times...lol.

On a final note, there's almost nothing sadder than getting home from a vacation and seeing what's left in the fridge. Oy vey!

Again, thanks for following along and I'll post a few more pictures as the day progresses!

Glad you all arrived home safely from your long drive. Now that you're home, you can rest up from your vacation! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom