advice regarding AK

*disneymagic*

Original Poster
hey i'm brand new to this forum and i was just wondering if anyone had any tips/advice on what to do/who to talk to about eventually getting a job at animal kingdom. i'm only 18 but my dream job is to work with the animals at animal kingdom and i wanna plan ahead so if anyone has any advice, please let me know! thanks! :)

Ituri13

*disneymagic* said:
hey i'm brand new to this forum and i was just wondering if anyone had any tips/advice on what to do/who to talk to about eventually getting a job at animal kingdom. i'm only 18 but my dream job is to work with the animals at animal kingdom and i wanna plan ahead so if anyone has any advice, please let me know! thanks! :)

Bachelor's degree in biology, experience working with exotic animals, and a willingness to work for peanuts.

GoofyMom2

I volunteer at our zoo here, and I get asked this question all the time (well, not for Disney, but how to be a zoo keeper...)

Go to college....graduate! :lol: Degrees is Animal Science, Biology, etc are very helpful. Get experience with animals.....volunteer at a zoo, an animal shelter, animal rehab center etc. Many zoos and other facilities have internship programs, or even summer seasonal positions, look into these. There are also some intensive exotic animal colleges like Morpark in California....good to look into after you have your BS.

Strike up conversations with zoo keepers in your area, they will also be a wealth of information. It's never to early to start....good luck!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom