Advice, Please!

SIR90210

Original Poster
My parents are probably going to let me get an iPod for my birthday. I'm fairly omniviourous in terms of music, so what type should I get? Any help is appreciated!

CleveRoks

Account Suspended
Well, this all depends on your prefs....

Thre Ipod mini for example can hold up to like 5,000 songs with its 6 GB drive. It generally runs for about $199 and has a very nice design.... much less bulky than the regular Ipod.

Another option is the Ipod shuffle but it can old hold like 200 songs and has no display screen.

Personally, I would recommend the Ipod mini! Much more versitle.

Oh one more thing, DO NOT USE Itunes to download your music! It's 99 cents per download, which is SUCH a ripoff when you can get the same type of quality music through Limewire! All you have to do is transfer your Limewire playlists to the Itunes library on your computer.

doejeff

CleveRoks said:
Well, this all depends on your prefs....

Thre Ipod mini for example can hold up to like 5,000 songs with its 6 GB drive. It generally runs for about $199 and has a very nice design.... much less bulky than the regular Ipod.

Another option is the Ipod shuffle but it can old hold like 200 songs and has no display screen.

Personally, I would recommend the Ipod mini! Much more versitle.

Oh one more thing, DO NOT USE Itunes to download your music! It's 99 cents per download, which is SUCH a ripoff when you can get the same type of quality music through Limewire! All you have to do is transfer your Limewire playlists to the Itunes library on your computer.

How much is a download on Limewire? I have itunes but somewhat new to this.:)

AliciaLuvzDizne

oh yeah...i forgot to mention that an entire album is always 9.99 on itunes and its cd quality downloads. where on limewire its peer to peer so you never know what you're gonna get.

CleveRoks

Account Suspended
AliciaLuvzDizne said:
oh yeah...i forgot to mention that an entire album is always 9.99 on itunes and its cd quality downloads. where on limewire its peer to peer so you never know what you're gonna get.

BUT IT'S FREE! So if you do get a bad download... you just delete it and download it from another host!

Seriously, so you pay all this money for an Ipod, and you pay just as much as you would pay if you were to go out and buy the CD! That makes no sense at all to me.

Well it's your money not mine i guess.

One Limewire I have 265 music files! That would be $262.35 if I were to download those files through Itunes! Lets see here, $262.35 or $0.... hmmm though choice! :lol:

crazycalf

CleveRoks said:
Thre Ipod mini for example can hold up to like 5,000 songs with its 6 GB drive. It generally runs for about $199

6GB is 249
4 GB is 199
What is your parents price limit. If it was unlimited, I would get the photo 60GB, it is $450. photo 30GB is $350. You get a color screen and a lot more music space, plus the ability to have pictures too.

crazycalf

CleveRoks said:
BUT IT'S FREE! So if you do get a bad download... you just delete it and download it from another host!

And if you get sued by the record industry I believe they are fining you $750 a song that you download. Go the safe way and either buy the cd or use a legal download service.

maelstrom

I just bought a 30gb iPod Photo and I love it! Remember that the iPod photo can hold music, pictures, and act as a hard drive to store documents on. Every other iPod can do the same except show pictures on the screen. Even if you don't have a lot of music now, you may have a lot in the future, so don't cheat yourself. I just retired my original 10gb iPod.

CleveRoks

Account Suspended
crazycalf said:
And if you get sued by the record industry I believe they are fining you $750 a song that you download. Go the safe way and either buy the cd or use a legal download service.

:lol: :lol: !! Oh sure, they're gonna come after me! YEAH RIGHT! :lol: $750 a song! :lol:

Oh, then they would only fine me $198,750!:lol:

It amazes me how much people worry about this stuff! I mean, yes, Napster did indeed get shut down but the FCC did not go after the individuals who downloaded their music!

Ok, you go out and spend 99 cents per download thats fine with me. I'm just gonna download everything I want FOR FREE.

SteveUK

Thats a familiar conversation. I'm a Probation Officer and I had almost the exact same conversation with one of my offenders just the other day.

Good luck.

crazycalf

CleveRoks said:
:lol: :lol: !! Oh sure, they're gonna come after me! YEAH RIGHT! :lol: $750 a song! :lol:

Oh, then they would only fine me $198,750!:lol:

It amazes me how much people worry about this stuff! I mean, yes, Napster did indeed get shut down but the FCC did not go after the individuals who downloaded their music!

Ok, you go out and spend 99 cents per download thats fine with me. I'm just gonna download everything I want FOR FREE.

I'm sure that's what all of the other people who have been sued said. There have been tons of stories in the news of these people
and the FCC didn't go after napster, it is the recording industry, it is the RIAA with the FBI, that's why every cd has a FBI warning now. Here is the most recent story from the RIAA website http://www.riaa.com/news/newsletter/042705.asp

I really could care less what you do, but don't say you haven't been warned.
And you do not know who looks at these boards, there could be people in bands, the recording industry or the FBI.
I wouldn't brag so much about STEALING music.

Don't be cheap, go out and buy the cd.

crazycalf

SteveUK said:
Thats a familiar conversation. I'm a Probation Officer and I had almost the exact same conversation with one of my offenders just the other day.

Good luck.
fake positive rep point coming to you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom