Advice on ringing Disney from the UK please

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hello my friends, could any of you wonderful people help me please? I want to purchase two AP's this week for our trip in October. I want to speak to somebody to make sure they're not activated till we use them (we want to use them the following September too) but so we can book our FP+'s 30 days before our trip.

Because my IP address is in England it won't give me the option of purchasing an AP online. I know they'll sell them to us in person at the gate (knowing we're English) as that's what we've done over the previous 10 years or so. However I want to purchase them in advance to utilise the 30 day advance FP+ reservations, otherwise we'd happily buy them on the day as we used to do.

So I'm after a number to ring enabling me to do all the above speaking directly to a human being, taking as little time as possible as I'm calling from the UK. Also if anyone has bought tickets over the phone before, how long does the call usually take and are the agents fairly competent?

Many thanks in advance ;)

mergatroid

Original Poster
From the WDW UK site -

• For assistance with your Walt Disney World visit, please call 0800 028 0778 (UK) or 1800 812 678 (Ireland).
  • We’re here 7 days a week: Monday – Friday 9am – 8pm; Saturday 9am – 7pm; Sunday 10am – 4pm.

Thanks very much will try that first, much appreciated.

mergatroid

Original Poster
From the WDW UK site -

• For assistance with your Walt Disney World visit, please call 0800 028 0778 (UK) or 1800 812 678 (Ireland).
  • We’re here 7 days a week: Monday – Friday 9am – 8pm; Saturday 9am – 7pm; Sunday 10am – 4pm.

Well after speaking to three people I finally spoke to a lady that I have about 75% faith in that she knows what she's talking about and understood my query. I'm going to ring back in the week and order the AP's and they'll send me a code allowing me to book FP+s 30 days in advance with the AP's not activated till the first day of use. She wasn't clear on where I had to collect the AP's from mind when we arrive other than "You collect them somewhere in the park".(I'm guessing any Guest Relations but she couldn't confirm that)

Last edited:

mergatroid

Original Poster
From the WDW UK site -

Once again thanks, that was most helpful. Well we ordered our 2 Premium Annual Passes today by phone and I'm quite excited. Been told we can collect the physical cards from any Guest Relations on the day and have been given a 'will call' number to link to our old bands on our MDE account which I've done already.

One silly question though. On our MDE account it shows both AP's and underneath them both it says 'Expires: Tuesday, December 31, 2030 12:00 AM'

Now I'm guessing they've just put that Expiration date in to signify we've not activated the card yet by entering the park and when we do that date will change to 12 months after first use? I'd be delighted if we don't have to renew our passes till 2030 but I can't be that lucky surely?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Once again thanks, that was most helpful.
Hey, that's what we're all here for, to chat Disney and to try to help each other out :)
One silly question though. On our MDE account it shows both AP's and underneath them both it says 'Expires: Tuesday, December 31, 2030 12:00 AM'
I'm guessing that you have to convert the voucher into an actual AP by that date

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hey, that's what we're all here for, to chat Disney and to try to help each other out :)
I'm guessing that you have to convert the voucher into an actual AP by that date

She didn't say anything about posting me a voucher, just to have photo ID when we go to Guest Relations?

thomas998

Well after speaking to three people I finally spoke to a lady that I have about 75% faith in that she knows what she's talking about and understood my query. I'm going to ring back in the week and order the AP's and they'll send me a code allowing me to book FP+s 30 days in advance with the AP's not activated till the first day of use. She wasn't clear on where I had to collect the AP's from mind when we arrive other than "You collect them somewhere in the park".(I'm guessing any Guest Relations but she couldn't confirm that)
While you can collect the tickets from several places in the past when we have had to pick up our tickets after we arrived we found that Downtown Disney was the easiest, it also is the easiest to get quick access to when you arrive without having to go through the hassle of going to a park, because DTD is usually the shortest distance from where you park to the pickup window...

That said I've not bought a AP since the started the new magic band thing... So I'm not sure how that impacts your need to go to a ticket window... but if you do need one DTD would be my choice for convenience.

matt9112

From the WDW UK site -

i once called the uk number to try and get uk deals HAHAHAHAHA ;)

PrincessVic

Know you are all sorted this time but previously I have emailed when I have had a problem/query. Each time, they have asked me for a phone number so they can call and help me, and every time they have been in the US, rather than UK based - saves what could be a large phone bill for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom