Adults eating from childrens menu

jasonk

Original Poster
My two girls, age 12 and 14 are considered adults for the dining plan, yet they never order from the adult menu, as that is too much food for them. If I purchase the dining plan, would that cover childrens menu items, even though it is the adult dining plan?

DisneyChik17

If you want to pay that much for them to eat kids meals, it will cover it. I'm 20 and rarely eat from an adult menu. It's a LOT of food. We don't do the dining plan because we are always sharing meals or getting the smallest portions available.

daverube

My two girls, age 12 and 14 are considered adults for the dining plan, yet they never order from the adult menu, as that is too much food for them. If I purchase the dining plan, would that cover childrens menu items, even though it is the adult dining plan?

As you live in Mandeville, please be aware that your local, "normal" portions of food equals the amount of food contained in 3 meals anywhere else in the US..... :ROFLOL:

J/K....my wife was born and raised in NOLA; however, she's the skinniest person I know.....

dave

DizneyPryncess

If you want to pay that much for them to eat kids meals, it will cover it. I'm 20 and rarely eat from an adult menu. It's a LOT of food. We don't do the dining plan because we are always sharing meals or getting the smallest portions available.

I'm the same way - I get kids portions sometimes just because I don't eat a lot. That's another reason we never do the dining plan.

jasonk - your dining plan will cover kids meals, even if it's an adult meal plan. But like Lucky said, it just probably isn't going to be worth it for you to be on the dining plan because you'll end up paying for more than your family is eating.

J_Krafty24

Pay for the less expensive kids meals out of pocket, use the dining plan for your adult meals and go to extra sit down meals! Yumm

Rob562

If they're on the Dining Plan, they could conceivably ask if the two kids can share a single Adult meal. (They'd just have to pay for a second beverage out-of-pocket) You'd then have those extra meal credits for additional meals, or to double-up for a Signature restaurant.

-Rob

DBlackwell

Seasons

In fact, during our recent visit to WDW, we had lunch at Seasons (near Soarin'). My almost-teen daughter was an "adult" on the Disney Dining Plan (DDP). She prefered to get a child's meal, but they would not let her. They said it would mess up their accounting or something and that one could only get an "adult" meal with the adult DDP voucher.

While we did find something for her to eat, we ended up wasting so much food because of the adult-size meal. Seems Disney should be more responsible than this, IMHO.

So I don't know if this is common practice or not - seems it shouldn't matter since you've paid for the more expensive of the two options (adult vs child) - be aware that this has happened in the past - at least once.

Good Luck!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In fact, during our recent visit to WDW, we had lunch at Seasons (near Soarin'). My almost-teen daughter was an "adult" on the Disney Dining Plan (DDP). She prefered to get a child's meal, but they would not let her. They said it would mess up their accounting or something and that one could only get an "adult" meal with the adult DDP voucher.

While we did find something for her to eat, we ended up wasting so much food because of the adult-size meal. Seems Disney should be more responsible than this, IMHO.

So I don't know if this is common practice or not - seems it shouldn't matter since you've paid for the more expensive of the two options (adult vs child) - be aware that this has happened in the past - at least once.

Good Luck!
It is not. As a general rule an adult ordering a child's meal and using an adult dining credit is typically no big deal. Now an adult ordering and paying for a child's TS meal can be up to the discretion of the restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom