ADRs for Thanksgiving

simbastitch

Original Poster
Hiya, I will be coming for my honeymoon on 20th November - I'm from the UK so don't have a whole lot of experience with Thanksgiving, particularly in Disney. I'd planned Homecoming for our first night on the 20th and Yachtsman's Steakhouse for Thanksgiving as we don't plan to go to the parks, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off doing it the other way round because Yachtman might be a nice start to the honeymoon. My reservation is it might be hard to get an ADR for Yachtsman on the first night of our trip and Homecoming might be super busy on Thanksgiving? (We're not looking to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner by the way.) Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

I usually don't like to go to my "best" restaurant on the first night. Simply because that's the travel day and can be hectic, and I'd rather enjoy it mid-way throughout my trip. Especially Yachtsman's, it's the best food I've had at Disney.

But that's just my opinion, enjoy your trip!

njDizFan

I usually don't like to go to my "best" restaurant on the first night. Simply because that's the travel day and can be hectic, and I'd rather enjoy it mid-way throughout my trip. Especially Yachtsman's, it's the best food I've had at Disney.

But that's just my opinion, enjoy your trip!
I agree, especially coming across time zones, I would take it easy your first night at the World. Maybe hit a place at your resort or hey since it's your Honeymoon order in!

We are still more than 6 months out so I doubt you would have too much trouble getting all your ADRs if you are diligent with calling when that time comes. Space out your best meals and assume that week is going to be very busy no matter where you plan on dining.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I agree about not doing the best restaurant your first night. Save Yachtsman for a night when you've adjusted to the time change. You want to be able to enjoy that steak and not pass out on your plate from exhaustion. Homecoming should be good for Thanksgiving Day dinner, if you want to avoid the typical turkey and all the stuffing. Or as we Yanks like to say, food coma. But if you decide you really want to see what all the fuss is about - and why we Yanks do literally eat ourselves into a food coma and then watch football, several restaurants will serve the traditional Thanksgiving dinner that Thursday. We've eaten at Grand Floridian Cafe several times for Thanksgiving. Really good, almost as good as home, for real. And the pumpkin pie cheesecake for dessert, :hungry:

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

JIMINYCR

I agree with the same advice as the others. That first day at Disney can be hectic since youre settling in and getting your bearings. You need time to relax after the long process of traveling and start finding your way around. Once you de-stress you will enjoy it more and have a more memorable dining experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom