ADR Priority List

psuchad

Original Poster
My ADR window opens on Wednesday and I was wondering if anyone had a priority list for which restaurants are a must to ADR 180 days out and which ones should be booked first? Also, note if a popular restaurant typically has last-minute openings.

Weather_Lady

It might help if you told us which restaurants you want, and we could suggest an order.

In general, Cinderella's Royal Table, dinner at 'Ohana, and dinner at Be Our Guest, are among the toughest to get. We also tend to find that Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater books up relatively quickly. If and when Space 220 opens and starts taking reservations, I imagine that will be a tough one to get too, as people will flock to whatever's new regardless of whether it's any good. ;)

Not only is it best to try and get the tough-to-get ADRs first, but it's best to try and schedule them toward the end of your trip if you have particular dining times in mind, since the earlier days will have been open longer to onsite guests who arrive in the days before you do, and therefore the most desirable time slots may already be gone for them (if the restaurant is not booked entirely).

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'd need to know which ones you're planning on booking to suggest a priority list.

Basically if its a very popular restaurant like BOG then it needs priority and if its less popular like say The Wave then it could be lower on the list.

If you can't get something you wanted my suggestion is keep checking.
Also if people cancel its usually around their 30 day mark if they cancelled a pacakge, a few days out if they cancelled a room only and the day of or day before if they decided to cancel an ADR last minute.
So yes ADR's do pop up for even the most popular restaurants last minute.

Schneewittchen

In general, I agree with the other posters - BOG, Ohana, CRT fill up quickly. Sometimes Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier or Akershus are highly sought after too.

Tell us what you want to eat.

psuchad

Original Poster
I am looking for places good for kids (7 & 10). I have no interest in CRT or Chef Mickey's.

My current list:
Cape May Cafe
Be Our Guest (Breakfast)
Crystal Palace (Lunch or Dinner)
Akershus (Breakfast)
Coral Reef (Not interested in food, just atmosphere. Not a priority)
50's Primetime Cafe
Garden Grill
Le Cellier

ppet

If you want Le Cellier, you want to get it as soon as possible. It's a divided subject on the forums. I personally like it but the ADRs go fast.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I am looking for places good for kids (7 & 10). I have no interest in CRT or Chef Mickey's.

My current list:
Cape May Cafe
Be Our Guest (Breakfast)
Akershus (Breakfast)
50's Primetime Cafe
Garden Grill
Le Cellier

Be Our Guest (Breakfast)
Akershus (Breakfast)
50's Primetime Cafe
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Cape May Cafe

That is the order I'd book them if I were doing it for myself.
Also don't bother going to Coral Reef if the only reason is atmosphere.
You very well may not get a seat in front of the aquarium windows.

And I wouldn't consider Le Cellier all that great for kids.

Oh and personally I'd swap out 50'sPT for Sci-fi any day.

Weather_Lady

Just wanted to second this -- UNLESS you're willing to wait longer for a table by the aquarium. After one visit where we got stuck at a table so far from the aquarium that we might as well have been squinting at a fish screensaver on somebody's tablet 50 feet away, we've always requested a table by the aquarium and indicated a willingness to wait for it. It's worth it if you are with a party that can afford the extra wait time -- as much as an additional 30 minutes. If you have small children who get impatient waiting, however, you might want to skip it until they're older.

While we're on the subject, I also recommend requesting on of the "TV tables" at 50's Primetime and waiting a little longer for it if necessary -- that is, the tables that are located in the center of a faux kitchen setup, and which are featured in all of the advertising for the restaurant. There are other formica tables arranged around the perimeter in each of those rooms that offer a nice view of the decorating, but won't place you right in the middle of it like the TV tables do. The TV tables are worth the wait.

Last edited:

danyoung56

Sorry, but I've gotta chime in on this. First, if you request a seat by the glass, you'll get a seat by the glass. You may have to wait 15 or 20 minutes, but they'll put you where you want to be. And location is VERY important at the Coral Reef. Down by the glass is like dining in the middle of an aquarium, while being seated in the back is just too far away to enjoy the atmosphere.

Second, I don't know why people keep dissing CR's food. I've had many fine meals there (all while sitting by the glass!). The mahi mahi is always excellent, and if you don't mind ordering beef from a seafood restaurant, they do a pretty good job with the steak.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Sorry, but I've gotta chime in on this. First, if you request a seat by the glass, you'll get a seat by the glass. You may have to wait 15 or 20 minutes, but they'll put you where you want to be. And location is VERY important at the Coral Reef. Down by the glass is like dining in the middle of an aquarium, while being seated in the back is just too far away to enjoy the atmosphere.

Second, I don't know why people keep dissing CR's food. I've had many fine meals there (all while sitting by the glass!). The mahi mahi is always excellent, and if you don't mind ordering beef from a seafood restaurant, they do a pretty good job with the steak.

First I agree location is very important which is why I said if going for atmosphere only don't bother.
Sure maybe the wait would be 15-20 minutes but it could also be 45-60 depending on when others were seated by the windows.

Second if you don't care for seafood then you wouldn't be going for the food.
I personally don't like seafood. When I went the only meat option was strip steak which I don't like and a veterinarian option so that's what I ended up having.

DisAl

This one's for the parents, not the kids.
We had better steaks at Narcoossee's, California Grill, and The Wave than we did at Le Cellier for our 45th anniversary trip last March. I am not saying Le Cellier was not good, just that the others were better.
And the tables are so close at Le Cellier there is not room to cuss a cat without getting hair in your mouth.

DisAl

First I agree location is very important which is why I said if going for atmosphere only don't bother.
Sure maybe the wait would be 15-20 minutes but it could also be 45-60 depending on when others were seated by the windows.

Second if you don't care for seafood then you wouldn't be going for the food.
I personally don't like seafood. When I went the only meat option was strip steak which I don't like and a veterinarian option so that's what I ended up having.
A veterinarian option? Does that mean they have hot dogs?
(Sorry, I know that was probably just the wonderful spall chucker feature but I just couldn't resist it. ;) )

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
A veterinarian option? Does that mean they have hot dogs?
(Sorry, I know that was probably just the wonderful spall chucker feature but I just couldn't resist it. ;) )

LOL I only noticed it because you quoted me.
That is too funny. I probably should have just said a "veggie" option. ;)

DebL

My ADR window opens on Wednesday and I was wondering if anyone had a priority list for which restaurants are a must to ADR 180 days out and which ones should be booked first? Also, note if a popular restaurant typically has last-minute openings.

This is really a tricky question. You can book ADR 180 days out, but you might find yourself restricted by must have Fast Passes that are at a 60 window. Just a lot of variables. Look at menus to see what your kids will eat.If you have the dining plan, then I can understand you wanting to book them. Booking them will leave you less flexible with other things. Will you have a park hopper?
One suggestion I would make is if you will arrive at the resort mid day or so book a show like the Hoop De Doo review this early out for that night. That way you don't have to waste a days admission.

Dave B

My current list:
Cape May Cafe
Be Our Guest (Breakfast)
Akershus (Breakfast)
50's Primetime Cafe
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
So what did you get?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom