ADR Date is next weekend! How are my choices?

DrexelDragon

Original Poster
Hello Everyone!

My girlfriend and I are staying at POFQ with the Deluxe Dining Plan from December 26-31st. I think we have our final dining choices selected but it would be awesome to hear some people's persepctice. Some I chose because of personal favorites and others based on places I've heard I need to try!

So, here we go!

Day 1 Arrival/Epcot - Flying Fish Cafe (Dinner)
Day 2 Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace (Breakfast), Cali Grill (Dinner)
Day 3 Hollywood Studios/Epcot- Beaches and Cream (Lunch), Hollywood Brown Derby/Yachtsman Steakhouse (Still need to choose!!)
Day 4 Break Day/Spontaneous - Kona Cafe (Breakfast), Jiko (Dinner)
Day 5 Animal Kingdom/Epcot- Rainforest Cafe/Tusker House (Lunch, still need to choose!!), Monsieur Paul (Dinner)
Day 6 Checkout- Quick breakfast/Lunch at hotel before going home

How's it look? Flying Fish, Cali Grill, and Jiko are all personal favorites but the rest will be new! I'm excited!

We have both Brown Derby and Yachtsman Steakhouse as ADRs for our trip in August and have eaten at both on each of our trips. While we enjoy both restaurants Yachtsman is by far our favorite of the two. It just is an overall better dining experience. Yachtsman tends to be quieter and imo the food is better. However, it depends on how much park time you want that day. Meals at Yachtsman, while relaxing, can be quite long so we tend to do it at the end of one of our EPCOT days. The length of the meal and the time we eat often precludes going back into the park. Meals at Brown Derby are generally much quicker but the restaurant often seems much busier and louder. We have found at Yachtsman no matter how empty or busy it is they will advise you upon your arrival your table is not ready and ask you to wait in the Crews Cup Lounge. We don't mind however as we enjoy the Habanero Margaritas they serve.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yachtsman Steakhouse is what I would choose easy!
Tusker House over Rainforest Cafe easy! (Rainforest Cafe is too commercial. Large portions of mediocre food, imo)
On your check out date, since your staying at POFQ, why not take the boat to DTD and enjoy lunch somewhere, instead of using a TS credit for a QS meal?
And as long as you won't mind being in dress clothes while in the parks... Flying Fish, Cali Grill, and Yachtsman seem darn good to me!

DrexelDragon

Original Poster
Yachtsman Steakhouse is what I would choose easy!
Tusker House over Rainforest Cafe easy! (Rainforest Cafe is too commercial. Large portions of mediocre food, imo)
On your check out date, since your staying at POFQ, why not take the boat to DTD and enjoy lunch somewhere, instead of using a TS credit for a QS meal?
And as long as you won't mind being in dress clothes while in the parks... Flying Fish, Cali Grill, and Yachtsman seem darn good to me!
Looks like everyone is recommending Tusker and YS. I figured as much! I have been to YS once and it was very good.

boilerpicc

I agree with everyone else, with one warning. Tusker House does characters at lunch. There will be lots of loud kids. But there would be lots of loud kids at Rainforest Cafe as well, and you can find those restaurants all over the place. Personally, I would take Tusker House over the Rainforest Cafe every time. I like the food much better, and you get a souvenir picture with Donald if you do breakfast or lunch.

tdpolo26

have you thought about narcoosees that place was amazing when we went... its in the grand Floridian great views of the lake... great food... prolly one of our most memorable meals

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom