Adieu mon ami de Kidcot

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Original Poster
Thanks for the memories. May your last day...be your best.

8479776978_e32a4bca9c_b.jpg

Disney4family

The new experience sounds boring. Kids get a Ziploc bag and put cards in them?

I'm so glad my kids had years of the ugly masks with the dangling cutouts for each country, Agent P and Duffy.

The sad part is, even though they're now young teens, they were still looking forward to coloring Duffy. They had fun the past few years creating the special characters (that don't look like Duffy) that you would see behind the tables that the CMs created. My daughter created Pooh & Tigger. My son did the Avengers characters.

Hcalvert

I'm so glad my kids had years of the ugly masks with the dangling cutouts for each country, Agent P and Duffy.

The sad part is, even though they're now young teens, they were still looking forward to coloring Duffy. They had fun the past few years creating the special characters (that don't look like Duffy) that you would see behind the tables that the CMs created. My daughter created Pooh & Tigger. My son did the Avengers characters.

My 9-year-old son made a zombie Duffy including peacock pants to lure his prey. Yes, that is a blood on his mouth and paws. Boys....
35475241_10217375679524137_4736748920556748800_o.jpg

Pixieish

Yikes. They really need someone to re-think these stations. The coloring Duffy thing was at least cute.

Biff215

From what I've read, they get to collect travel cards to put in a ziploc bag that "looks like a suitcase" and stickers.
Sounds like it could be fun for the kids. We’ve colored and brought home so many Duffy’s that I don’t even know what to do with them anymore. I also didn’t care for the amount of time we would spend parked at the Kidcot Station while the kids colored (Duffy and themselves). What we did like was the CM interaction and unique things they would add on the back of Duffy. Hopefully that sort of thing will be retained.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
For Me - "Cool" is all relative to the response of a 5 and 3 year old. If it keeps them entertained....I'm good.
Kids love to collect things. This sounds like you can put together a full collection, with a little less time invested. As I recall, not all of the Kidcot locations are air conditioned. 😂

"El Gran Magnifico"

Original Poster
This sounds like you can put together a full collection, with a little less time invested. As I recall, not all of the Kidcot locations are air conditioned. 😂

Don't know about less time.....I'm not necessarily finishing my Macallan at Rose and Crown any faster on account of it. But I'll give it a go.

My wife gets those darn maps all the time from the Port of Entry shops. And I end up chasing the kids around WS enough as it is. This can't be any worse......or can it? I was good with the bear (figured out the timing).

Last edited:

JenniferS

Don't know about less time.....I'm not necessarily finishing my Macallan at Rose and Crown any faster on account of it. But I'll give it a go.

My wife gets those darn maps all the time from the Port of Entry shops. And I end up chasing the kids around WS enough as it is. This can't be any worse......or can it? I was good with the bear (figured out the timing).
You need a time machine to fast forward.

My kids are now 22 and 23. My kidcot days are blissfully over.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Original Poster
You need a time machine to fast forward.

My kids are now 22 and 23. My kidcot days are blissfully over.

I hear ya. I've got a 29 and 14 year old from previous "skirmishes". I've been through it a couple of times. But I'm a glutton...so "I wanted to ride again"...I met a Canadian from Waterloo. My fate was sealed.

JenniferS

I hear ya. I've got a 29 and 14 year old from previous "skirmishes". I've been through it a couple of times. But I'm a glutton...so "I wanted to ride again"...I met a Canadian from Waterloo. My fate was sealed.
It’s always worth taking the plunge again with a Canadian. 😉 I’m about 35-40 minutes away from Waterloo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom