Additional FP+

MaxsDad

Original Poster
I am looking forward to using the new system next month. I feel good about my selections for the first three each day. I have a question about the additional FP+ after the first three.

I know you have to get them from an in-park kiosk. In my opinion, this is a step forward from the previous system, as you used to have to walk all the way to the attraction itself to get the FP, and now you may not have to, lessening back track walking. That's all great.

My question is, can you tell from the phone app which FP are still available later in the day? For instance, I have used my 3 in the morning. I am chilling by the pool and want to go back out that evening, but do not have any specific plans. Can I go to the app/website and see what the availability is at each park to make a call about where I may want to go? I noticed it does have wait times, which is nice, but can we see what is still out there?

CAPTAIN HOOK

That's a good question (which I'm afraid I can't answer) - but I'll be interested to learn the answer. If you can, then you can plan your day sat at the pool, if you can't you risk visiting a park with no FP left and long lines

Clamman73

I just tried looking at Epcot for today to see if Soarin is available and it gives me an option of around 7pm tonight with nothing sooner. It gave me a TT option for earlier, but cut out Soarin as part of the three picks.

At MK, no Mine Train, but Space, Thunder and Splash were still options. I'm gonna check again around lunchtime to see what's still available when it's more applicable to a real-world situation of picking an extra fastpass.

It would be a good test to see what correlates to what someone sees on the app vs availability at the kiosk at the same time.

Rob562

Once you've used your 3 FP+ choices, there is no way to see what availability there is for FP+ times in the app.

Although what you *can* do is edit the time or selection of your rolling 4th FP+ once you've made it (though I think you're limited to the same park). Once you use it you have to go back to a kiosk for your next FP+, though.

So if you are leaving a park and plan to return later, get your next FP+ before leaving and then edit that choice later when you're returning to the park into something you want to use.

-Rob

JohnD

Once you've used your 3 FP+ choices, there is no way to see what availability there is for FP+ times in the app.

Although what you *can* do is edit the time or selection of your rolling 4th FP+ once you've made it (though I think you're limited to the same park). Once you use it you have to go back to a kiosk for your next FP+, though.

So if you are leaving a park and plan to return later, get your next FP+ before leaving and then edit that choice later when you're returning to the park into something you want to use.

-Rob

I agree with Rob. So long as you don't confirm your choice, you can "Change the experience" of your next FP+ and see available times for another attraction. Just remember to hit "Cancel."

Rob562

So r u able to see ur rolling FP pick on the app? Or can change it on the app once u use the kiosk to obtain it?

Once you use a kiosk to make your 4th FP+ choice, you can use the app to change it (both ride selection and time window) up until it's used, but you're limited to only the attractions within the park that the 4th FP+ was made for. Then you have to go back to a kiosk to make a new FP+, at which time you have edit capability in the app again.

-Rob

muteki

Can you use your additional FP (4+) in a different park?

Let's say I reserve all 3 in the morning/early afternoon at MK. Can I go to Epcot in the evening and get a 4th at a kiosk same day?

Rob562

Great! Thanks!

Do be eligible for additional FP, do all users in your family have to have used the 3 pre-reserved FPs, or just the people wanting a 4th?

Only people wanting the 4th. FP's can be handled on a per-person basis.

And if you want the 4th, after using one of the original 3, you only have to wait for the other 2 to expire before you have access to the rolling 4th in the same or a different park.

-Rob

muteki

Only people wanting the 4th. FP's can be handled on a per-person basis.

And if you want the 4th, after using one of the original 3, you only have to wait for the other 2 to expire before you have access to the rolling 4th in the same or a different park.

-Rob
Awesome. So glad that the system has become a little less restrictive over time. Still not excited about the stress of reserving them in advance but that should be over soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom