additional fastpasses

cw1982

It depends on the day, the park, and which rides you're looking for.

When we went the first week of June, at the Magic Kingdom the majority of the rides that still had FP availability by mid afternoon were typically Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise... most of your rides that are popular enough but not necessarily headliners. At Epcot and HS, the extra FP's I was able to get were primarily for tier 2 attractions (other than getting a FP for the second Fantasmic show once we had done everything else that we cared to do, which we didn't decide to get until about three hours before the show). At Animal Kingdom, pretty much everything but Expedition Everest, the Safari, and Kali River Rapids still had passes available by three pm.

dadddio

Alot of people have poo pooed the idea of using the '4th' FP+ on these non-headliner attractions as they don't see a need to use FP+ on a ride that might only have a twenty minute wait or whatever. The thing that these people miss is that lots of times, you can get a '4th' FP+ for these rides with a window that opens right away. Therefore, grabbing a quick FP+ for this ride saves you twenty minutes and allows you to get another FP+ as soon as you step off the ride. To me, that's a big win.

cw1982

Alot of people have poo pooed the idea of using the '4th' FP+ on these non-headliner attractions as they don't see a need to use FP+ on a ride that might only have a twenty minute wait or whatever. The thing that these people miss is that lots of times, you can get a '4th' FP+ for these rides with a window that opens right away. Therefore, grabbing a quick FP+ for this ride saves you twenty minutes and allows you to get another FP+ as soon as you step off the ride. To me, that's a big win.

Yay! You and I agree on something... lol ;)

Just to clarify, my post wasn't intended to sound like a downer. DH and I made use of the rolling FP to save lots of time for Pirates, HM, and Jungle Cruise. It worked splendidly because, like you said, we were able to get pretty much immediate times. In fact, we got the Jungle Cruise FP for ten minutes from the time that we were at the kiosk, and the kiosk was... you guessed it... right in front of Jungle Cruise lol. So we literally waited five minutes, got in line five minutes early (as the rules for FP+ allow) and went right back to the same kiosk to get our Pirates FP when we got off of Jungle Cruise. It was kinda cool.

dadddio

Yay! You and I agree on something... lol ;)

Just to clarify, my post wasn't intended to sound like a downer. DH and I made use of the rolling FP to save lots of time for Pirates, HM, and Jungle Cruise. It worked splendidly because, like you said, we were able to get pretty much immediate times. In fact, we got the Jungle Cruise FP for ten minutes from the time that we were at the kiosk, and the kiosk was... you guessed it... right in front of Jungle Cruise lol. So we literally waited five minutes, got in line five minutes early (as the rules for FP+ allow) and went right back to the same kiosk to get our Pirates FP when we got off of Jungle Cruise. It was kinda cool.
It's going to be even more awesome if/when they give us the ability to obtain '4th' FP+s through the app. Imagine getting your next 'right now' FP+ while you are still standing in the short FP+ return line that you just stepped into.

(I think that we agree on most issues related to the mechanics of how things currently work. It's when the topics discuss hypothetical futures that we diverge.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom