Additional Fastpasses when park hopping....

Dpint43

Original Poster
I'm making a short trip to the World this December and I'm trying to figure out my fastpass strategy and what I can/can't do. Tentatively, for one of my days I'm planning on getting to Animal Kingdom in the morning to ride FoP only...I can book this 65 days in advance so I don't think it'll be a problem getting the FP...the question is do I need to still make 3 fastpasses at Animal Kingdom and let their times run out before making any additional fastpasses for other parks?

My plan is to hop over to the Magic Kingdom after doing FoP and hopefully start making my FP+ selections there....so can I make just ONE fastpass on this day for Animal Kingdom and then start making one at a time after I check in for FoP?

The same question could also be asked for my days in Hollywood Studios. Once they move everything into the same tier can I make just one fastpass for Slinky Dog, ride it and then attempt to make one for Tower of Terror? Or is this a problem since I'm in the same park (would I need to make all 3 for HS)?

Sorry if this was already posted.

Dpint43

Original Poster
Can I ask if you've tried this before and it worked? I ended up just calling Disney and they assure me that it won't work that way. Accoding to the cast member I spoke with I would still need to make 3 total Fastpasses in one park before making one for another park. IE if I want to only use a FP+ for FoP, I'll still need to make two throwaway FP+ in AK before I'm able to make them in MK. I've been reading conflicting experiences from people online and so it's a bit confusing.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I do not know the answer to your question, but if the only thing you're planning to ride at AK before hopping is FoP, my suggestion would be to arrive 60-90 minutes before the park opens and just rope drop it. In November, I arrived about 7:15 for a 9:00 opening and was off FoP so fast that, when I crossed the park to hit up Everest, I got stopped by a second rope drop the same day. By 9:15, I had ridden FoP and Everest three times - twice in the front seat, once in the back. Just a suggestion for that day.

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
My experience is that your fastpases have to be reserved at the same park. If you are doing FoP only at AK I would get there for rope drop in advance and make FP reservations for MK.

nickys

Premium Member
Can I ask if you've tried this before and it worked? I ended up just calling Disney and they assure me that it won't work that way. Accoding to the cast member I spoke with I would still need to make 3 total Fastpasses in one park before making one for another park. IE if I want to only use a FP+ for FoP, I'll still need to make two throwaway FP+ in AK before I'm able to make them in MK. I've been reading conflicting experiences from people online and so it's a bit confusing.

Yes I have tried this. It works. Ignore the CMs on the intricacies of Fastpasses.

I will summarise the rules:

1) You have three initial Fastpasses.

2) You may book up to three in advance. All those booked in advance must be in the same park.

3) If you choose to book only one or two FPs in advance, you may book the remainder on the day, once you check into the first FP.

4) If you want to remain in the same park, you must book and use all three initial FPs before booking others, one by one. For parks with tier rules, you must use two tier 2 FPs before booking another tier 1 FP.

5) If you choose to park hop, once you have used any pre-booked FPs in park #1, you can book the remainder of your initial FPs at another park(s). Any additional FPs in a park with tier rules must abide by those rules within a park, but not across multiple parks.

So, if you only pre-book FoP, you can book Test Track (at EPCOT) and TSMM (at DHS) as soon as you tap into FoP.

Or, you could book Test Track and Mission Space. You could not book TT and Soarin as #2&3.

If you pre-booked FoP as #1 and the Safari as #2, then as soon as you tap in for FoP you can go ahead and book #3 at any other park, any ride. But if staying in AK, then you must book another tier 2 FP.

Last edited:

winstongator

I’ve done something simlar to this before. I wouldn’t do fp+ at animal kingdom, just rope drop FoP and anything else you want to do (I’ll often do Everest too, safari takes more time, maybe Dino). I’ll sometimes do a quick trip to a park in the AM with my FP at a different park later in the day. You’ll be more certain of you fp at the MK booking them in advance than day of - I’ve done that with decent success because of a change to the park we were visiting that day, ymmv.

For DHS, you could rope drop ToT, single rider rock n roller coaster and then use a fp for slinky. That’s after rise of the resistance opens, right? Gonna be a lot different there crowd wise than now.

Dpint43

Original Poster
Yes I have tried this. It works. Ignore the CMs on the intricacies of Fastpasses.

2) You may book up to three in advance. All those booked in advance must be in the same park.

3) If you choose to book only one or two FPs in advance, you may book the remainder on the day, once you check into the first FP.

4) If you want to remain in the same park, you must book and use all three initial FPs before booking others, one by one. For parks with tier rules, you must use two tier 2 FPs before booking another tier 1 FP.

5) If you choose to park hop, once you have used any pre-booked FPs in park #1, you can book the remainder of your initial FPs at another park(s). Any additional FPs in a park with tier rules must abide by those rules within a park, but not across multiple parks.

So, if you only pre-book FoP, you can book Test Track (at EPCOT) and TSMM (at DHS) as soon as you tap into FoP.

Or, you could book Test Track and Mission Space. You could not book TT and Soarin as #2&3.

If you pre-booked FoP as #1 and the Safari as #2, then as soon as you tap in for FoP you can go ahead and book #3 at any other park, any ride. But if staying in AK, then you must book another tier 2 FP.

This is great info - thanks! So I can technically pre-book a FoP FP+ and then make a Soarin' FP+ as soon as I check in for FoP...this opens up a lot of new strategies - thanks again!

nickys

Premium Member
This is great info - thanks! So I can technically pre-book a FoP FP+ and then make a Soarin' FP+ as soon as I check in for FoP...this opens up a lot of new strategies - thanks again!

You’re welcome.

Soarin should be doable, depending when you’re going. Obviously rides like Slinky, FoP, 7dmt are less likely to be available using this method, but it’s really good for hopping to MK.

To me, the real benefit is if you can only get FoP on a day you planned to be at another park, then it allows you to do that.

JohnD

I'm making a short trip to the World this December and I'm trying to figure out my fastpass strategy and what I can/can't do. Tentatively, for one of my days I'm planning on getting to Animal Kingdom in the morning to ride FoP only...I can book this 65 days in advance so I don't think it'll be a problem getting the FP...the question is do I need to still make 3 fastpasses at Animal Kingdom and let their times run out before making any additional fastpasses for other parks?

My plan is to hop over to the Magic Kingdom after doing FoP and hopefully start making my FP+ selections there....so can I make just ONE fastpass on this day for Animal Kingdom and then start making one at a time after I check in for FoP?

The same question could also be asked for my days in Hollywood Studios. Once they move everything into the same tier can I make just one fastpass for Slinky Dog, ride it and then attempt to make one for Tower of Terror? Or is this a problem since I'm in the same park (would I need to make all 3 for HS)?

Sorry if this was already posted.

This may have already been pointed out but if you're going in the morning, why not rope drop AK instead to ride FOP and schedule your three FPs for MK?

Touchdown

I think FP at AK can be very helpful, Dinosaur usually gets long lines midday and Kali can be crazy. Using single rider for Everest, if I FP in the am at AK I can usually hit FOP x2 (rope drop, FP,) Safari, Everest (multiple times,) Dinosaur, Kali, FOTLK and Nemo by 1:00ish.

Hockey89

Great info and why I HATE the new FP system...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom