Adding New Account to Already Made Plans

viltes

Original Poster
Hope I explain this so it makes sense! I have a trip planned with two other people. Myself and one other person already had MDE accounts made at the time of booking, so they were selected while for the third I just put in the information about the person. Now I am ready to book my Fastpasses, and my third party member wants to have a MDE account. If she makes an account and I add her to my Friends&Family List and my reservation, will it automatically understand she is the third person on my reservation, or will it try to add her as a fourth? Should I make sure this gets done before I try to make Fastpass reservations (I will be making them for all three of us) or should I figure it out after? I hope this makes sense and doesn’t sound dumb because I am just a bit anxious about somehow messing things up! Thanks in advance for any help!

Rob562

Hope I explain this so it makes sense! I have a trip planned with two other people. Myself and one other person already had MDE accounts made at the time of booking, so they were selected while for the third I just put in the information about the person. Now I am ready to book my Fastpasses, and my third party member wants to have a MDE account. If she makes an account and I add her to my Friends&Family List and my reservation, will it automatically understand she is the third person on my reservation, or will it try to add her as a fourth? Should I make sure this gets done before I try to make Fastpass reservations (I will be making them for all three of us) or should I figure it out after? I hope this makes sense and doesn’t sound dumb because I am just a bit anxious about somehow messing things up! Thanks in advance for any help!

Here's the best order for you to do things:
1) Have your friend create their own MDE account.
2) Go into your account and under the "managed by you" version of your friend fill in the email address your friend used for her MDE account.
3) She'll get a friend request from you. Once she accepts it, everything linked to "her" under your account will move over to her new account.
An optional 4) She and the third person on your reservation can become friends via the "friends of friends" suggestion. It's not mandatory, but if there's any chance the two of them might need to make FP+ for the other, best to become friends.

As for FastPasses, if her ticket is linked to the "her" in your account, then the timing of the above doesn't matter. But if the ticket will be or already is linked to her own account, you'd have to complete the above steps before you can make FP+ choices.

-Rob

Goofyernmost

Here's the best order for you to do things:
1) Have your friend create their own MDE account.
2) Go into your account and under the "managed by you" version of your friend fill in the email address your friend used for her MDE account.
3) She'll get a friend request from you. Once she accepts it, everything linked to "her" under your account will move over to her new account.
An optional 4) She and the third person on your reservation can become friends via the "friends of friends" suggestion. It's not mandatory, but if there's any chance the two of them might need to make FP+ for the other, best to become friends.

As for FastPasses, if her ticket is linked to the "her" in your account, then the timing of the above doesn't matter. But if the ticket will be or already is linked to her own account, you'd have to complete the above steps before you can make FP+ choices.

-Rob
I'm sure glad this newer system makes vacation planning and linking easier. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom