Adding FP to current reservations

njDizFan

Original Poster
Not sure how to explain my questions in this thread title, but here is the quandry:

I will be making FP+ reservations for a family of 5 for my July vacation.

I will be purchasing the tickets very soon either direct from Disney or through a partnership company I use here at my employer. Now the tricky part is that there is 1 more set of tickets that I have and will use for the 6th person in my party. They are old addission tickets from 1983, ( I called guest services and they did confirm I cold use them and are to be converted to hopper passes at the park).

So, when converting the old ticket media to current will guest relationship be able to add the 6th member of my party onto our current FP schedule. I would be a major issue if we all have FPs to Mine Train at 3 PM and DD gets shut out.

Rob562

Not sure how to explain my questions in this thread title, but here is the quandry:

I will be making FP+ reservations for a family of 5 for my July vacation.

I will be purchasing the tickets very soon either direct from Disney or through a partnership company I use here at my employer. Now the tricky part is that there is 1 more set of tickets that I have and will use for the 6th person in my party. They are old addission tickets from 1983, ( I called guest services and they did confirm I cold use them and are to be converted to hopper passes at the park).

So, when converting the old ticket media to current will guest relationship be able to add the 6th member of my party onto our current FP schedule. I would be a major issue if we all have FPs to Mine Train at 3 PM and DD gets shut out.

Yeeseh. That's a tricky one...

I know that more modern tickets (mag-stripe tickets that are from before MYW tickets) can often be linked by calling the MDE Help Desk, presumably because all those tickets have serial numbers that are in the Disney system and can be called up and worked with. But the *really* old tickets like the one you're talking about really don't have a way to look them up in the system.

I have two suggestions:

1) If you haven't already, call the MDE Help Desk (407-939-7765) and see if there's anything that they can do.

2) Failing that, call the WDW Ticket Office. If there's anything at all that can be done before you arrive, they'd be the ones who could do it.
To get them, call the WDW Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) Monday-Friday 9a-5p, and ask to be connected to the Ticket Office. (Let them know you have a ticketing problem and aren't looking to buy tickets, otherwise they might try and send you to Central Reservations to buy tickets).
*Maybe* the Ticket Office can do something like have you mail them the 1983 ticket and then they mail you back a modern ticket that you can link to MDE. It's a long-shot, but worth asking.

Other than that, it's as you suspected: you'd be stuck waiting until you got there, exchanged the ticket, linked the ticket to the appropriate MDE profile and then tried copying over your existing FP+ choices. Guest Relations might be able to override something, but I'm not sure.

-Rob

njDizFan

Original Poster
great advice Rob...

I'm going to call the ticket desk on Friday. It was quite a suprise when a friend gave me 8 admission tickets which coincided with an upcoming trip, but the logistics and hurdles in modern disney have been quite difficult. I hope it all works out. Great idea to see if they can convert the tickets through mail. If they do not have an options I really don't want to spend my first 1 at Disney worrying and scrambling around so we all get to go on the same rides at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom