Adding another person after reservations made?

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
We will be at WDW in 9 days (whoohoo) and just found out this weekend that a friend of my daughter's will be joining us on a seperate reservation toward the end of our trip. Is it possible to link her MB to ours so she will have the same reservations as us?
Is this possible? Or should we avoid it for fear of messing everything up?

Tom

Beta Return
We will be at WDW in 9 days (whoohoo) and just found out this weekend that a friend of my daughter's will be joining us on a seperate reservation toward the end of our trip. Is it possible to link her MB to ours so she will have the same reservations as us?

When you say she'll be "joining you" on a "separate reservation", what exactly do you mean?

If she'll be at WDW as part of a completely separate reservation made by someone else (i.e. her parents/family), you can't add her to your reservation.

However, you CAN link her to your MDE account through Friends and Family. You can then share FP+ and other plans, but you'd only be able to match FP+ for the days where your park admission overlaps.

Rob562

I presume you're talking about FP+ reservations.

You'll want to connect to her as a Friend. At that point, you can include her when you make your FP+ choices. If you've already made FP+ reservations, you can copy your selections to her on the days you need to.

-Rob

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I presume you're talking about FP+ reservations.

If you've already made FP+ reservations, you can copy your selections to her on the days you need to.

-Rob

Yes, FP+ reservations, but we also have some ADRs as well. Will we be able to copy/add her to those reservations as well?

stevehousse

Yes, FP+ reservations, but we also have some ADRs as well. Will we be able to copy/add her to those reservations as well?
No, you will hve to contact the restaurant and see if they can accommodate the change. You might even be given a completely different time depending on exactly how many you have in your party.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sortof. Through MDE, once added, you can add her to reservations, but you'll have to cancel your current ressies and go through the reservation process again.

mlw119

I dealt with this just a few weeks ago, I needed to add 2 extra people for all our dinner reservations. And unfortunately for ADRs, you cannot change the amount of people within your party on the site, you'll have to call and speak to someone at Disney. When on the phone, I asked the woman if perhaps I had just overlooked something on the site, but she confirmed that changing the party number cannot be done on MDE as of yet.

Also, depending on the restaurant's availability, they might not be to accomodate you at the exact same time. One of our reservations was for the California Grill, and in order to accomodate the number of people i now needed, she had to bump our reservation out half an hour from our original time. If you have reservations at a super popular restaurant, you very well could be in the same boat. Good luck.

Rob562

Sortof. Through MDE, once added, you can add her to reservations, but you'll have to cancel your current ressies and go through the reservation process again.

Your best bet when doing it online is to start to book the new dining reservation. When you go to confirm the new one, it should pop up a window letting you know of the conflict with the original one. At that point it'll allow you to cancel the old one and book the new one all in the same step.

-Rob

cw1982

Your best bet when doing it online is to start to book the new dining reservation. When you go to confirm the new one, it should pop up a window letting you know of the conflict with the original one. At that point it'll allow you to cancel the old one and book the new one all in the same step.

-Rob

This.

I can tell you from experience that I've done this and it worked just like Rob said it should. It didn't work from my phone app for some reason (I tried it from the app and ended up with two ADR's for the same time slot), but when I do this from my computer it's very easy to change things in one transaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom