Add Another Update To The List-ISTCrew's April 17th

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
My, there have been alot of Updates on the boards lately. Another one can't hurt. I have another small update for you guys today. Today, I was at Magic Kingdom (where I met up with Chris from the boards. Hey gets a major shout out, because alot of the stuff in todays update I would not even of noticed if he hadn't seen it.), Epcot, and I'll also have a merchandise update.

So lets start at MK.

~I went to The Magic Kingdom for one reason. To see if what was posted in JeffH's Finally Ariel at a meet and greet!!! and other vacation tid-bits thread from awhile back was true. Here is what was posted:

Other vacation tid-bits...
MICKEY'S PHILHARMAGIC has been updated with additional footage.
Saturday morning when we saw MP I was noticing new stuff, and by the end I was convinced of it. I also noticed that the "copy" was very clean...not and "old film". I asked around and got definite confirmation of the changes from a manager type.
The changes I noticed were an additional Donald and Peter Pan flying sequence. More Donald in the Lion King sequence. And the scene that convinced me...At the end Donald is floating/spinning around off to the left as Mickey is getting all the instruments back into place, falls to the ground, scampers over to where the wand falls and hands it to Mickey who then now says a line in the show "Thank You". I missed how, now, Donald gets stuck in the tuba, but he still does. Better than ever.

I was really caught by this, so I decided to check it out for myself. After work yesterday, I went to catch Philharmagic. Just as my luck would have it though, Philharmagic broke down just as I was in the next group to go into the theater. I went again today and was finally able to see it...

As far as I could tell, nothing had been changed. Nothing against JeffH, as he may infact have seen a different version of the film, but the version that was running today was the same one that I have seen ever since it had opened.

~The Castle sequences were still not changing.

And at Epcot, tables were finally added to The Land. It's good, because they do take attention away from the carpet.
100_0689.jpg

close up

100_0693.jpg

Merchandise updates:

I bought this cool box not fully expecting what to find inside. It said Vintage Disney Acid Free Sticker, so I figured for 6$, it wont be a terrible loss if it turns out to be junk. Boy was I surprised. Inside this box:

100_0708.jpg

held the best stickers ever:
100_0706.jpg

20kpoc.jpg

100_0704.jpg

Cool huh? The old WDW logo is popping up on more and more things, which leads me to wonder...

Chris also pointed one of those Disney shirts that make you wonder just what they were thinking...
100_0685.jpg

And then, this caught my eye. Cool isnt it?
100_0700.jpg

Other stuff:
100_0677.jpg

These banners now hang up at all entrances.

And now, the first look inside the (not yet opened) new Goofy's Candy Co:
100_0682.jpg

And that'll be all for today folks.

TheDisneyMagic

100_0677.jpg

Can you remember where the new banner has been added beneath the Welcome to Walt Disney World archway, well the flags above it, were they always gold or did they used to be multiple colours? Or were they not there before?

DarkMeasures

I am really loving the new look of the Land. I am for sure that is has never ever looked this good in its history. But I guess some people can't appreciate things.

I do think that there should be no curtains and instead be a painted ceiling because the curtains do nothing for the bare ceiling look.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
ISTCrew20 said:
At the end Donald is floating/spinning around off to the left as Mickey is getting all the instruments back into place, falls to the ground, scampers over to where the wand falls and hands it to Mickey who then now says a line in the show "Thank You". I missed how, now, Donald gets stuck in the tuba, but he still does. Better than ever.

So the wand doesn't fall into Donald's hand anymore? I thought Mickey always said "thank you," but I guess I'm just confused... :veryconfu

Donald used to fall into the tuba after being tripped by the flute he threw at the beginning. Any other details about the changes would be appreciated!

Great update!

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
MrNonacho said:
So the wand doesn't fall into Donald's hand anymore? I thought Mickey always said "thank you," but I guess I'm just confused... :veryconfu

Donald used to fall into the tuba after being tripped by the flute he threw at the beginning. Any other details about the changes would be appreciated!

Great update!
there were no changes. It was posted in someone else's update that there was changes, but when I saw it today, it was the same old film.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
ISTCrew20 said:
there were no changes. It was posted in someone else's update that there was changes, but when I saw it today, it was the same old film.

I need to go back and learn to read again. :hammer:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
They were thinking that the shirt is supposed to be innuendo. Those types of shirts are immensely popular right now. Where were they selling it? Hopefully at one of the more "adult" shopping areas?

And where did you buy the stickers?

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
DarkMeasures said:
I am really loving the new look of the Land. I am for sure that is has never ever looked this good in its history. But I guess some people can't appreciate things.

I do think that there should be no curtains and instead be a painted ceiling because the curtains do nothing for the bare ceiling look.
The Land rehab was awesome. I totally agree with you. The Soarin' queue in itself is a masterpiece. I would of never thought I would of seen a queue that is so relaxing a peaceful...and to say that about a queue line is really something. The whole design of that queue is something that I could spend all day exploring the different aspects of. I love the arched metal roof. The angles of the different hallways, where you never quite know what you'll see around the next corner. The main entrance takes the top spot though. It can't get any nicer than hardwood ceilings.

The Soarin queue and The Land pavilion as a whole compliment each other very nicely. The view from the very top of the pavilion as you come in and look down is an awesome feeling (especially if you remember what used to be there.) I have said it many times before, but the "new" Land just gives me a feeling of uncluttered, breezy cleanliness. It's a breath of fresh air in an Epcot where the 80's are all around you.

(...which, is not always a bad thing)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i think that i just became a jessica rabbit fan again. wow!

when i first looked at the image, my first thought was, "is that legal?"

:D <------- my answer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom