Account Issue with My Disney Experience

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am going to do my best to explain my issue and see if anyone else has had the same thing happen...

I signed up for a WDW account a year ago (before the whole Next Gen thing was announced/implemented). I did this to get dining reservations. I left the account dormant (obviously since I had no other trips until later).

So the My Disney Experience comes up, and we have a trip approaching in December. I logged back on using the same account. We booked our trip over the phone in May. I linked the confirmation number for our resort reservation, and it came up fine (hotel stay, park tickets, etc..). I had to make dining reservations over the phone at our 180 day mark since the website wasn't cooperative. I put the confirmation numbers in manually and they all showed up fine. I also attempted to do FastPass and that "seems to work".

Here is my main dilemma...When I signed up for my account I did my legal first and last name (I go by my middle name). When we did the reservation over the phone we used my middle name (my father and I share the same first name so we provided our middle names; the CM said this wasn't an issue for the reservation). We have five guests in our party. After signing up and linking everything together it now shows six people in the group. Five are still part of the reservation + the 6th name (which is the one that has the MDE online account). Technically, I am listed twice. Once is my First/Last name and then the second as my Middle/Last name (the one on the reservation). The dilemma I have is when I go to the MDE app on the phone it lists the 6th person, and it's for some reason more difficult to navigate the app. It also will not let me reserve/modify FP because my user account "is not participating in FP+ at this time" even though I technically am through the reservation. I think I can still book dining, but it's not as easy to do, and I still have to select 5 out of the 6 people listed as Family/Friends.

My question is this: Would it work if I just re-signed up for an MDE account and relinked everything? Will I lose my FP+ times if I do this? Would signing up for another account just create the same issue? Is there potential for any of this to conflict with what I have already reserved for hotels, park tickets, dining? I am assuming all should be fine with those last 3 based on the fact that we made those reservations via phone (only dining we were actually able to secure online was our first night at Ohana, but still have a confirmation number; We also specified 5 people and did not give names when we did them over the phone). The only thing I foresee is the FP+ getting messed up. Again not sure.

Any feedback on this or insight would be greatly appreciated. I understand this might have been a confusing way to describe my issue, so please let me know if any clarification is needed.

(Note: I did contact Disney asking about this, and the CM unfortunately seemed a little clueless on what I was asking and referred me to the help guide online. I am going to try calling again later this week and ask for maybe an IT person that could understand my question better if that option exists.)

ratherbeinwdw

I am going to do my best to explain my issue and see if anyone else has had the same thing happen...

I signed up for a WDW account a year ago (before the whole Next Gen thing was announced/implemented). I did this to get dining reservations. I left the account dormant (obviously since I had no other trips until later).

So the My Disney Experience comes up, and we have a trip approaching in December. I logged back on using the same account. We booked our trip over the phone in May. I linked the confirmation number for our resort reservation, and it came up fine (hotel stay, park tickets, etc..). I had to make dining reservations over the phone at our 180 day mark since the website wasn't cooperative. I put the confirmation numbers in manually and they all showed up fine. I also attempted to do FastPass and that "seems to work".

Here is my main dilemma...When I signed up for my account I did my legal first and last name (I go by my middle name). When we did the reservation over the phone we used my middle name (my father and I share the same first name so we provided our middle names; the CM said this wasn't an issue for the reservation). We have five guests in our party. After signing up and linking everything together it now shows six people in the group. Five are still part of the reservation + the 6th name (which is the one that has the MDE online account). Technically, I am listed twice. Once is my First/Last name and then the second as my Middle/Last name (the one on the reservation). The dilemma I have is when I go to the MDE app on the phone it lists the 6th person, and it's for some reason more difficult to navigate the app. It also will not let me reserve/modify FP because my user account "is not participating in FP+ at this time" even though I technically am through the reservation. I think I can still book dining, but it's not as easy to do, and I still have to select 5 out of the 6 people listed as Family/Friends.

My question is this: Would it work if I just re-signed up for an MDE account and relinked everything? Will I lose my FP+ times if I do this? Would signing up for another account just create the same issue? Is there potential for any of this to conflict with what I have already reserved for hotels, park tickets, dining? I am assuming all should be fine with those last 3 based on the fact that we made those reservations via phone (only dining we were actually able to secure online was our first night at Ohana, but still have a confirmation number; We also specified 5 people and did not give names when we did them over the phone). The only thing I foresee is the FP+ getting messed up. Again not sure.

Any feedback on this or insight would be greatly appreciated. I understand this might have been a confusing way to describe my issue, so please let me know if any clarification is needed.

(Note: I did contact Disney asking about this, and the CM unfortunately seemed a little clueless on what I was asking and referred me to the help guide online. I am going to try calling again later this week and ask for maybe an IT person that could understand my question better if that option exists.)
I had the same situation except I had my daughter on there as Allison and Alli. The first cm I talked to told me that it would take time to correct and for me to check the site in a few days. A few days passed and it wasn't fixed so I called back and this cm sent me straight to the technical mde person, and he straightened it out within 15 minutes. Call and ask for the technical support number for mde.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
The CM was clueless about the system. Really? That's so strange (sarcasm).

I've had this issue. My friend is listed twice on the list. And she is using the same name.:rolleyes: This new system is screwy. Call again and tell them you want to speak with someone over at My Disney Experience

CaptainShortty

You need to become "friends" with yourself. Go to the friends and family page from your account on a computer (it's easier than an iPad or phone). You should see your name on the header at the top with whatever character you selected. Then in friends and family you will see the second "you" as a friend. Click invite to plan and share for the "second you" and put in whatever email address you used for your MDX account. After you have done that you will see a notification of the friend request. Accept the friend request and the two accounts should have merged together and will allow you to create Fastpasses. The last step is to go to the my reservations tab and click the "update reservation" link if it appears.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. =)

docdebbi

i agree with calling IT. i had a similar problem. computer screwed everything up because i had two consecutive reservations of two rooms each night. so it kep adding me to both rooms, and kicking someone out of the second room.......don't ask, that's what IT decided happened.
anyway..............when i called the first several times and spoke to IT, they gave me the standard, "we'll fix it" line. i kept calling, finally someone was honest and said that IT is so backed up, they are doing things by order of arrival date, not when you called date
i kept calling and email-ing frequently. finally one week out from my trip in october, when i called, the IT guy said, yeah, i can help you, it's within a week of your trip
by then i had 35- count 'em- 35 magic bands because every time the computer added a non-existent person, it sent another set of magic bands
i would just keep calling IT until they fix it for you, not worth the hassle of trying to work with 2 of you.
as far as FP+, you can still get them for you when you fix this by using the 'copy FP' from one guest to another feature and it will give you the same time and attraction. so you'll still be with your peeps.

Last edited:

WDWResort

Something similar happened to me. I went to Guest Relations in the lobby of my resort and didn't move from there until they had it all figured out. Two hours later I was on my way to my room. It sucks, and it's tedious but I went through too much trouble trying to figure it out on my own. Leave it up to them and don't move until they fix it.

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the delayed response in my follow up...

Tried calling yesterday, and I got the runaround where I wasn't able to talk to someone with knowledge of how MDE works. I will try calling again on Friday.

You need to become "friends" with yourself. Go to the friends and family page from your account on a computer (it's easier than an iPad or phone). You should see your name on the header at the top with whatever character you selected. Then in friends and family you will see the second "you" as a friend. Click invite to plan and share for the "second you" and put in whatever email address you used for your MDX account. After you have done that you will see a notification of the friend request. Accept the friend request and the two accounts should have merged together and will allow you to create Fastpasses. The last step is to go to the my reservations tab and click the "update reservation" link if it appears.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. =)

The only problem with this is I can only change one at a time. It does work like you say, but I am basically managing the other 4 in our party only to prevent confusion and mistakes (like someone picking the wrong FP or somehow canceling our dining reservation).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom