About SWGE, maybe it’s just me, but...

Disstevefan1

...I think the place is going to be freaking phenomenal. Based upon what I’ve read and some of the pictures I’ve seen online, and more importantly based on what little I could observe when I was at HS a couple weeks ago, I can’t wait til it opens. IMHO, this land is going to be a total game changer.

Anyway, just my $.02. Figured I would share since it seems like there are a lot of people already complaining about it, which seems quite weird to me given that the place isn’t even open yet.

It's not just you. When this opens in DHS, it's gonna be MOBBED!!! Let's hope there will be a reservation system or virtual queue for GE in DHS. Look at what happened when Universal Orlando opened their new coaster, there were literally 10 hour lines.

Don't be fooled by the empty GE in Disneyland. Totally different situation. WDW is a international park, folks from all over the world will come to see GE in DHS.

It's gonna be mobbed at GE in DHS if they do not implement a virtual queue or something like that.

Heppenheimer

None of the issues I saw get fixed by another ride. I mean another ride will be a positive for the land, but that doesn’t fix the issues with the land. (The cold lifeless feel, lack of classic characters, lack of live entertainment, lack of music).

The land has a great design and lots of details. But the overall feel, with the lack of entertainment, is cold and lifeless. That’s the big issue.

The Falcon could be better but it serves its purpose.
There's no background music? I thought John Williams had composed a new score specifically for the land. Or was that just for the rides?

I wonder why they didn't include background music, when just about every other Disney property uses this a key part of establishing atmosphere. It can't have been an oversight.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not just you. When this opens in DHS, it's gonna be MOBBED!!! Let's hope there will be a reservation system or virtual queue for GE in DHS. Look at what happened when Universal Orlando opened their new coaster, there were literally 10 hour lines.

Don't be fooled by the empty GE in Disneyland. Totally different situation. WDW is a international park, folks from all over the world will come to see GE in DHS.

It's gonna be mobbed at GE in DHS if they do not implement a virtual queue or something like that.
I agree with your conclusion that wdw is gonna have a different reception. Just not the for the reasons why.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
None of the issues I saw get fixed by another ride. I mean another ride will be a positive for the land, but that doesn’t fix the issues with the land. (The cold lifeless feel, lack of classic characters, lack of live entertainment, lack of music).

The land has a great design and lots of details. But the overall feel, with the lack of entertainment, is cold and lifeless. That’s the big issue.
IMO, it was a big gamble to design a land that doesnt feature many things from the original stories, aside from the Falcon. That is not saying the land will be bad, but I think a big part of what makes Potter at Uni great, is that there are many things to experience directly from the movies/books. Isnt that what people want to see?

I love the Star Wars series and will no doubt enjoy Galaxys Edge, but from watching the videos from DL, it just doesnt look as if it has a feeling of, "im in a Star Wars land", or at least nowhere near as much of that feeling that Potter creates. And please note, I am not judging GE before I experience it. Just pointing out the vibe I get from the videos. And yes, I know its just videos and the real experience could be different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom