? about rooms at POR

Joy Peace

The rooms at POR, do they have good air conditioning? My Husband needs to be able to stay cool in order to sleep well. What has been you experience with it?:shrug:

wdwfan100

Assuming the units are functioning and not in need of repair. They work great. I have never been unsatisfied with the A/C in any of the resorts. I also like to have the room a little cooler than average and have never had a problem. Thankfully my wife has tolerated the chill.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

When we stayed at POR last year the AC was perfectly fine. We only used it during the day, and never at night because we were there in nov. We had no problems with it. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section of the resort. If it is your first time staying at POR, you will not be disappointed. This is my favorite resort that I've stayed at so far...I love it! I am trying FQ this year. I don't think I will stay anywhere else but POR or POFQ from now on.

Upvote 0

Joy Peace

Original Poster
Thanks good toknow I was concerned for my Husband if he gets to hot at night he cant sleep and we are going in the middle of July. I hope we get a good A/C or we might have to ask for a diffent room.

Upvote 0

Joy Peace

Original Poster
When we stayed at POR last year the AC was perfectly fine. We only used it during the day, and never at night because we were there in nov. We had no problems with it. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section of the resort. If it is your first time staying at POR, you will not be disappointed. This is my favorite resort that I've stayed at so far...I love it! I am trying FQ this year. I don't think I will stay anywhere else but POR or POFQ from now on.

Yeah, I am excited to be staying there. We were originally going to stay at Pop but when I saw the pictures of POR I just had to stay in that beautiful environment! Cant wait!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

hansel1

Don't forget that he A/C units are on a motion sensor, so you will need the override in order for it to run all night.

You can do a search for this info as I don't recall how to do it.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Don't forget that he A/C units are on a motion sensor, so you will need the override in order for it to run all night.

You can do a search for this info as I don't recall how to do it.

Riverside has basic under-the-window A/C units. They don't have the central-air wall-mounted thermostats that Coronado and some of the Values do, which have the occupancy sensors on them.

-Rob

Upvote 0

maryszhi

The rooms at POR, do they have good air conditioning? My Husband needs to be able to stay cool in order to sleep well. What has been you experience with it?:shrug:
yep. i always bring a fan because of bad sinuses, but you wont need it if the ac is functioning properly
btw to the best of my knowledge, all the resorts have the same ac, or almost the same

Upvote 0

Katybug

I stayed there this past December and the air got really cold. I have to have a fan blowing in my face all the time when I sleep but I couldn't take a fan with me on my trip because I flew. I thought they worked good but if your driving you might bring a fan just in case!

Upvote 0

xsupaxmanxsfnex

YES!! It was very humid when we went in August and it felt like Heaven when we walked into our room during our break from the park in the middle of the day. It was perfect.

Upvote 0

IMPoppins

AC is extremely important to me. I like my room cold. We are going in August and selected POFQ because of the ac. I've also stayed at POR and the ac has always been more than sufficient. I find the ac at the values to not be as comfortable, although putting a balloon if front of the thermoastat helped a little. Have a great trip:wave:

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

The air conditioning at POR worked really well for me in April. The ceiling fan also helped to keep me nice and cool while I slept. Out of all of the rooms that I have had on property, I think that I was most comfortable there.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

We just left there this morning and the A/C was fine by me...in fact at night when I would sit at the table to check email and such I would have to turn it off so I wouldnt freeze. We also stayed 2 nights at PoP and there we also had no complaints with the A/C even though they have the motion A/C units. We had condensation on the windows all week and it seemed to take my camera hours to unfog in the morning.....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom