? about disability rooms at All Stars

fantasia51

I've only seen mention of king rooms for people with disabilitites at the All-Stars. Does anyone know if there are any rooms with double beds that will accomodate an adult with a physical disability?

tmfrankl

If you need wheelchair access then I believe there is only king size beds (though don't quote me on it). The rooms are small enough that I think the double beds would make the room almost unmaneuverable for a wheelchair. you could call CRO or the resort to check this for sure.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I am sure you are aware of the ADA (Americans with Disabilites Act.) It requires that hotels have special acomodations for a varieity of disabilities. If you need speical acomodations, they can not make you pay for a king size room, they would have to give you the upgrade free. However if you wanted to fit more people in the room and need 2 queen size beds you might encounter a problem. Then again, they might even have to give you 2 rooms for the price of one to fit your needs.

If you want more on ADA look it up and the web. It is a extensive law covering a wide variety of areas and most people are not aware of their rights. I work with deaf people so I know more about the part of the law.

Have a great trip and enjoy yourself. Make some calls ahead of time to prepare yourself and get more comfortable with what Disney has to offer. They are vary acomodating for guests with speical needs. (as well as "any old guest.")

Upvote 0

Wackywitch

I stayed in a King bed room at ASMu back in Feb 01. I have no clue why they put me there, but the room DID seem larger with just one bed in it, even though it was a King.

The neat thing was that the bathroom was larger. It had a "pocket" door (the kind that slides in and out of the wall) and a roll-in shower. I was a little disappointed because I missed my bathtub. I like to soak in a fragrant bubble bath late at night after being at the parks all day, but I got used to the shower.

If you need an extra bed for a child or another adult, would it be possible to remove the table & chairs or scoot the furniture around to accomodate a roll-away bed? You could ask. This way (I have no idea what disability you're talking about) you could still keep your roll-in shower AND have a third person with you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom