Able to customize MagicBands...kind of!

Disney Daddy

Original Poster
I logged onto My Disney Experience today and found that I was not able to customize my MagicBands. When I go to customize them, I am shown that I have until April 24, 2014 to make any and all customizations. For some reason, the only color option it is giving me is gray...no other color options. Is this normal? Will I be given more color options at a later time? Thanks for the help.

TheMouseFan

I logged onto My Disney Experience today and found that I was not able to customize my MagicBands. When I go to customize them, I am shown that I have until April 24, 2014 to make any and all customizations. For some reason, the only color option it is giving me is gray...no other color options. Is this normal? Will I be given more color options at a later time? Thanks for the help.
You should get all of the color choices at about 60 days out from your trip. We are going in June 2014 and have the same thing showing on my MDE with grey being the only color.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Interesting... My MDE just allowed me to change the colour and name on my MagicBand and I'm not traveling until 30 April. I literally just did it having read this thread.

Do you have a resort, ADRs and ticket(s) all associated with your MDE? I have all three, don't know if it makes a difference.

Disney Daddy

Original Poster
Interesting... My MDE just allowed me to change the colour and name on my MagicBand and I'm not traveling until 30 April. I literally just did it having read this thread.

Do you have a resort, ADRs and ticket(s) all associated with your MDE? I have all three, don't know if it makes a difference.

Interesting! Yes, I have resort reservations, ADR's and 8 day passes associated with MDE. Our trip doesn't start until May 25, 2014 though.

Rob562

It may be a glitch because of how far out you are, but when I was helping a co-worker with their trip there was one point during customization that we had to log out and log back in again, and another point where yellow briefly disappeared as a selection.

-Rob

TheMouseFan

Have you checked MDE today? Sometime during the day mine starting allowing me to choose colors. I checked about 8 am today and it still only had gray as an option, but now I have all the colors available.

Disney Daddy

Original Poster
Low and behold, logged onto My Disney Experience today and I was able to customize the colors of our MagicBands. Wonder why Disney assigned my son a MagicBand...he will only be 1.5 years old when we arrive.

MOXOMUMD

Low and behold, logged onto My Disney Experience today and I was able to customize the colors of our MagicBands. Wonder why Disney assigned my son a MagicBand...he will only be 1.5 years old when we arrive.
Everyone under your main reservation will be sent a band.

JohnD

Everyone under your main reservation will be sent a band.

I have no kids but toddlers would probably be the most upset if everyone else receives a band and they don't. Maybe your 1.5 yo is too young to even understand that. In theory, his/her band shouldn't work anyway. The original plan was to issue MBs to anyone 3 and older. (Someone can correct me on the age if I'm wrong.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom