ABC announces "Get Me Out" cast

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
ABC announces "Get Me Out" cast
by Neil Wilkes

Wednesday, 15th January 2003 at 12:48 pm EST (17:48 GMT)

(Digital Spy) -- Just a day after ABC was told it could go ahead with its own version of British import "I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here", it has announced the show's cast and host.

Among the eight "celebrities" taking part are model Tyson Beckford, TV host Julie Brown, Olympic champion Bruce Jenner, "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" host Robin Leach, Hollywood fashion critic Melissa Rivers, actress Alana Stewart and Howard Stern's radio sidekick Stuttering John. An eighth contestant will be announced at a later date.

The series, which will air on a primetime slot on the network over fifteen consecutive nights, strands the celebrities in the Australian rainforest with only basic food rations and sleeping conditions.

During the first week, viewers will vote on a daily basis via phone and internet to choose the celebrity they want to undertake the "Bush Tucker Trial" -- a challenge to try and win food for the group.

In the second week, one celebrity will be voted out each day by viewers, until just one remains to be crowned King (or Queen) of the jungle. Proceeds from telephone voting will go to the charity of the winner's choice.

Standup comedian John Lehr will host "Get Me Out", which is scheduled to air next month.

orangefan15

Wow, that's an interesting show concept. Could be kinda funny to watch these celebreties in that situation. And at least they're celebrities instead of the usuals that FOX uses (you know, Kato Kailin, Barry Williams, etc...like anyone really wants to see these people)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by GaryT977
BTW - You've had the same avatar for a while mktiggerman...

I know... inspiration hasn't struck me yet

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom