AAA savings?

pinkstar15

Does getting a disney package through AAA save you that much more money instead of doing it through disney? Or would it be cheaper to book the room with AAA and then find tickets elsewhere? I have always booked through disney so i dont really know what AAA has to offer.

summerluvin

I was wondering the same thing. I got a brochure from them and its 20% room rates in aug. 15% during peak times.

I think its a good deal but it never mentioned that you could use magical express. Does anyone know if the service is avaiable through AAA.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We do a lot of short trips, so for us it was money saving to get 10 day no expiration passes seperately, and book the room with the AAA discount.

and yes, you still get the use of DME.

Upvote 0

DisneyGirl11

My husband and I were thinking of going to WDW last minute. We also were thinking of going on a cruise, but wasn't sure. We went to AAA and they gave us a price for WDW and it was definitely cheaper to go through them. I always planned trips to WDW myself, but it turns out AAA was cheaper. Plus, if you can't get a room by going on the internet or calling Disney, AAA has rooms blocked out for them. I tried to make a reservation myself and I could't get the dates I wanted, but through AAA we could. We ended up booking a cruise (we've never been on one before).

Upvote 0

tigsmom

AAA discounts are sometimes cheaper, you really have to shop around./ One trip we saved a bunch thru them and another it was cheaper thru Disney.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
Depends if you are talking AAA specials.. or just their normal discount.

The normal AAA discount can be booked through WDW agents as well. But since AAA is a travel agent, sometimes they run promotions and specials as well.. and like many places sometimes offer deals that the originator isn't running.

Upvote 0

CBOMB

Depends if you are talking AAA specials.. or just their normal discount.

The normal AAA discount can be booked through WDW agents as well. But since AAA is a travel agent, sometimes they run promotions and specials as well.. and like many places sometimes offer deals that the originator isn't running.
That's true, however you have to purchase the tickets from Disney if you book with them. If you get a package from AAA, both room, and tickets, you get a discount on everything. You definetly have to compare the two choices to see what specials AAA, and Disney offer. If Disney doesn't have a promotion going on AAA beats them hands down.

Upvote 0

smayco

Does getting a disney package through AAA save you that much more money instead of doing it through disney? Or would it be cheaper to book the room with AAA and then find tickets elsewhere? I have always booked through disney so i dont really know what AAA has to offer.

I think I only saved 5% off the package, but I got an unexpected surprise. They gave me 2 Diamond Parking passes, and since we're staying on site, we won't be needing them. I almost threw them away until I decided to check and see if they were worth anything on ebay.....they were, and I ended up making ~ $100!:sohappy:

~Sue

Upvote 0

beachclubbasics

I think I only saved 5% off the package, but I got an unexpected surprise. They gave me 2 Diamond Parking passes, and since we're staying on site, we won't be needing them. I almost threw them away until I decided to check and see if they were worth anything on ebay.....they were, and I ended up making ~ $100!:sohappy:

~Sue

Congrats! Those diamond passes are like gold! I book every year through AAA and use the parking pass..you get special up close parking althoughat MK you're still way on the other side of the TTC and have to walk under the tunnel or take a tram, but all in all it was worth having. I rent a car and drive from NJ and I stay at the Beach Club so I drive from park to park..we used the monorail very little on our last trip.

WD Travel told me that AAA gets beter deals on the MWY packages than they do (we both laughed because they don't know why either). I usually save about $400 on my MYW with dining over the WD Travel price.

Upvote 0

karenatwdw

we are leaving in 6 days and booked through AAA. We got magical express and alot of coupons. We also saved money and they were really helpfull in get all the stuff we wanted.

Upvote 0

mraw

Are there any benefits to being a AAA member within the Resort (aside from booking)? I got a rate for Animal Kingdom Lodge from Small World Vacations for $950 for 5 nights, and I think that is a decent deal. They take down all of your AAA information when getting a quote and I was informed by their agent that their rate through Disney was cheaper than the AAA discount. I am hoping that there are other perks that are available by using your membership card onsite.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I will be calling AAA tomorrow to be certain that the rate I've received is the lowest possible.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Also included in our AAA packet was a coupon good for 10% off purchases at many of the shops in Downtown Disney. We planned an evening of shopping on our next to last night and bought most of our souveniers/Christmas gifts then and saved another fifty bucks.

Upvote 0

IROC it

Anyone have an "extra" AAA parking pass? Or perhaps one you've already used that can be re-used? I see them on ebay, but was hoping someone on here could give me a reasonable "price" or even "hook a fellow wdwmagic-er up."

Anyone?:shrug:

It would really help a lot, as we still have a stroller to contend with...

edit: p.s. - My wife has a AAA membership, and we were unaware of the discounts (and parking passes) through them, and had already purchased 7 day PH, No-Exp tix. for 4...

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Do the parking passes expire? I must have got some with my package in March through AAA and didn't realize that they were worth keeping or using as we always park the van at the resort and use Disney's buses.

Upvote 0

IROC it

Do the parking passes expire? I must have got some with my package in March through AAA and didn't realize that they were worth keeping or using as we always park the van at the resort and use Disney's buses.

They are good for the entire year... Do you have it still? I'd love to "borrow" it for our trip.. I'll even send it right back when we're done so you can sell it, or whatever you choose!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom