AAA Diamond Parking?

mbtohill

Original Poster
What's the latest news on AAA Diamond Parking availability? Going down in a month and was wondering if folks are still getting to use their parking passes?

tahqa

It's spotty. Some days the cast members allow it and some days they don't (on non blackout days).

Goofyernmost

You probably know this but when you used the words Parking Passes I started to wonder. You do know that they are only to direct you to a different part of the parking lot (usually, but, not necessarily closer to the park). They are not a pass for free parking. Unless you are staying onsite, you will still have to pay the regular parking fee.

mbtohill

Original Poster
You probably know this but when you used the words Parking Passes I started to wonder. You do know that they are only to direct you to a different part of the parking lot (usually, but, not necessarily closer to the park). They are not a pass for free parking. Unless you are staying onsite, you will still have to pay the regular parking fee.

Yes, thanks, been using the AAA parking for years.

Brad Bishop

Is AAA Diamond Parking available to anyone with AAA or, as I thought, is it only available to those who book full vacation packages (hotel, flight, tickets, etc.) through AAA?

EDIT:

Just called my local office. They told me that I have to purchase a 4-day ticket in order to get a AAA Diamond Parking Pass. I'm an annual pass holder so this is no good for me.

Last edited:

mbtohill

Original Poster
Is AAA Diamond Parking available to anyone with AAA or, as I thought, is it only available to those who book full vacation packages (hotel, flight, tickets, etc.) through AAA?

EDIT:

Just called my local office. They told me that I have to purchase a 4-day ticket in order to get a AAA Diamond Parking Pass. I'm an annual pass holder so this is no good for me.

Brad, you can go on EBAY and buy AAA Diamond Parking passes. But the word is Diamond Parking is going away in 2015.

Brad Bishop

I saw that. It's not a big enough deal for me to pay someone $10 for it. If AAA would let me have one then I figured I'd try it.

AAA does dumb things like this. It seems like if you're a member and you're heading to WDW that you ought to be able to stop by your local office and just get one. They also do dumb things with discounts in that you can buy an annual pass for Disney or Universal and maybe get a discount of 2% on it (hardly worth the effort unless you just happen to be driving by).

JoeCamel

The parking location at the TTC is in Zurg and I consider that a longer walk than Aladdin which is where you park if you get there early. If you want to take a tram get there a little later and don't park in AAA.

JWG

EDIT:

Yes, you are correct, it was a paid package perk. That said, they showed up all over the internet (eBay) for purchase, often times just color copier replicas of the real thing. I heard about more people who got just the pass (or a knock off) via that methodology than anyone who used it via a AAA package. Given the end of the AAA relationship and special pricing, I believe this is going away in 2015 as well.

sgtbtlbailey

Just picked up my travel docs from AAA for later this month and there were only a couple of blackout dates and they were all for MK, which we don't drive to anyway. Much easier to take Disney transportation and get dropped at the gate vs having to park and take the monorail or boat (even more so at night after we're all tired). At all other parks, the AAA diamond parking puts you one row behind handicap. We don't even have to take the trams because the walk to the gate from there usually isn't that bad.

Bocko57

I used my AAA Diamond Parking in October without any problems but as mentioned come 2015 the Diamond Parking is gone. And @Brad Bishop, I have gotten a AAA Diamond Parking card when I did not stay on property and I had less than a 4 day ticket. Call another AAA location and see.

Goofyernmost

EDIT:

Try a different office, if there's one close by. Some will give it to you because you are a AAA member.

Goofyernmost

The AAA Diamond passes are non-transferrable and are not supposed to be sold. As such, just because you can buy something on ebay, doesn't mean that you should.
Oh, stop being an old fuddy-duddy! No one will be harmed, except the fool that pays for something that someone else got for free, in this transaction. Not a single cent was lost to anyone, so what does it really matter.

dadddio

Oh, stop being an old fuddy-duddy! No one will be harmed, except the fool that pays for something that someone else got for free, in this transaction. Not a single cent was lost to anyone, so what does it really matter.
It matters because the Diamond lots serve as overflow for the handicap lots. Therefore, inappropriate parking in the Diamond lot could take away a parking spot from someone who actually needs it.

mbtohill

Original Poster
It matters because the Diamond lots serve as overflow for the handicap lots. Therefore, inappropriate parking in the Diamond lot could take away a parking spot from someone who actually needs it.
I've heard this argument before but I have never actually heard from anyone that was denied a handicapped parking space because of Diamond Parking "abuse". I have been told that Diamond Parking is full and when we drive by we see many spaces, so perhaps Disney actually manages the allowance of Diamond Parking to ensure that handicapped spaces are always available. So in the words of Goofyernmost, lighten up.

dadddio

I've heard this argument before but I have never actually heard from anyone that was denied a handicapped parking space because of Diamond Parking "abuse". I have been told that Diamond Parking is full and when we drive by we see many spaces, so perhaps Disney actually manages the allowance of Diamond Parking to ensure that handicapped spaces are always available. So in the words of Goofyernmost, lighten up.
We have attempted to park and found no spots available in both handicap and diamond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom