A thought for all to ponder...

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
We all miss rides which have gone/ been massacred but a thing to think about is would these rides still have been there if Walt was alive? In my opinion Walt was a man of progress and insatiable curiosity, so I believe he would have scrapped these rides for newer ones.
There is the arguement that these rides are memories of Walt and so should be kept in memorial, also they are not being replaced by Walt rides but often cheaper rides.

Thoughts?

Slipknot

I don't think he would have done some of the horrible (and that is being nice) rides that have popped up in the place of some of the better rides around WDW.

SpectroMan

I think if Walt was around today, there would still be many of the classic rides because Walt knew that he had to please his audience. During his lifetime, many of his movies were let out again in theaters because people wanted to see them. People still want to ride Pirates and the Haunted Mansion.

I think WDW would not be the same as it is today. I think Walt would have built his EPCOT, or done something very close to it, but I also thin he would have been proud of EPCOT Center too.

I don't know he is not around now. So, we really can't tell.

Walt always belived in Progress. I belived some of the rides that have been scrapped would not have been scrapped but would have been completeley redone with newer technology.

There are things that have been built that walt would have been dissapointed in. Such as Primeval Whirl. And most of Dino-roma except Dinosaur. Dino-rama is practically a small fair that can roll up to anybody local fairgrounds..

Spectroman makes a point of saying that walt may have built his EPCOT. I dont know if that would have happened. Walt had incredible dreams but he didnt have an unstopable wallet. Epcots version was basically a biodome and was covered in glass. I read a book and if i remember correctly the figures for all that glass was $20million. Thats not including anythin inside. So i dont actually know if that would have been built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom