A Teenager’s Review of Disneyland (Tomorrowland)

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
Tomorrowland

Before you read this section, I advise you to get a box of tissues, for never was a story of more woe than the murder of Tomorrowland ‘67, and its Peoplemover. After Disneyland management saved parts of Tomorrowland in the early 2000s leading up to the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland, the situation in Tomorrowland has not changed too much. Tomorrowland is now a mish-mash of white Space Age mid-century architecture, golden-brown elements left over from 1998, and objects such as the Star Wars and Space Ranger art murals that make you ask, “Why are they here?” While Tomorrowland is a mess, it’s still home to some of the best rides in the entire Resort. I personally liked Star Tours because it was an overnight summer camp trip favorite and for its randomized experiences (but for some reason I always get the Boonta Eve Podrace on Tatooine and I’m sick of it). Another attraction that was a summer camp favorite was Space Mountain, thanks to the fact that the ride made us feel like we were going so fast due to the total darkness, when we were going just about 30 mph. This ride never gets old and is probably why this ride always has a wait time upwards of one hour. Hopefully, there is a great, big, beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of this summer, because there are rumors that Disney may announce a Tomorrowland makeover at D23 this year. I would be for a renovation, as long as they do not do anything that may make Tomorrowland worse like replacing a great ride with a disaster (cough, Rocket Rods, cough). What I want to see is fixing the land’s environment and doing something about the rusting Peoplemover tracks at the very least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom