A question about birthdays in the park..

disneyislove

I just had a question..we will be heading down to WDW towards the middle/end of June and we are going with 8 people, and are traveling with triplets. We are going to be there during the triplets 5th birthday, and I was wondering if there was anything special or different that Disney or Cast Members would do for them? We made reservations at the castle for breakfast in the morning. I know about the button at guest relations, and I know to tell the CM at check in, and the waiters/waitresses, etc. but I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything else they did, and maybe something extra special because they're triplets? Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!:D

Nicole

You can order a cake from any of the sit-down restaurants. I think it's around$18. Make sure you tell the resort when you check in that the triplets are celebrating a birthday - you never know. I got a birthday card signed by Cinderella and Prince Charming and some balloons delivered to my room, and I'm a grownup!

Upvote 0

col

Nicole said:
You can order a cake from any of the sit-down restaurants. I think it's around$18. Make sure you tell the resort when you check in that the triplets are celebrating a birthday - you never know. I got a birthday card signed by Cinderella and Prince Charming and some balloons delivered to my room, and I'm a grownup!

getting a card signed by cinderella and prince charming and balloons delivered to the room is awesome -i wonna be there for my birthday hopefully i will get to do that next year seems im legal to drink in the USA now.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Iakona

Honestly it is game of chance as to what CMs you run into. Especially with triplets I would think you would get some pretty cool pixie dust. My advice is to get a lanyard and put the b-day buttons from each park on them. Make them as conspicuous as possible. The CMs can't spread their B-day magic if they can't see the buttons! Also, I honestly think the crowd levels play into this. If it is crowded there are more people and more the CMs have to focus on their responsibilities (not intentional on their part, just a result of larger crowds) and it is easier to get lost in the crowd. Although I ma sure you will stand out with triplets. Some of the magic my son has received:
Free Cookie (I had to pay for mine and my wife's , but the CM gave him his)
Happy Birthday sung to him just behind the castle by 2 CMs.
Picked to be temporary ruler of the realm 2 years in a row (I won;t let him do it next year though)
A CM gave him his first pin :fork: , actually that ended up costing me a ton!!!:cry: Just kidding, it was very nice of the CM

Fastpass (good anytime during the day ) to TT and MS.
Picked to be Grand Marshals in the MGM Parade!
A personal magic show by a CM in front of POTC.
Lots of attention and happy B-days by CMs everywhere.

Like I said, it is random acts of magic so do not expect it. I did not get his expectations up for any of this, I just let it happen. As I said, this past January we noticed the weekend of MLK day was very crowded (please don't take this as a criticism, just and observation) and it seemed that the CMs didn't notice as much, but later in the week they were constantly wishing him Happy Bday.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

ypcat

Its best not to go in with any expectations, then you can't be disappointed. I also think it makes the special things that CMs do that much more special. At the minimum, they'll hear a lot of "Happy Birthdays".

Upvote 0

Kaity'sDad

B-Days at the Parks

My wife and daughter both have September birthdays, so it is a family tradition to make a September trip to the parks, and of course, to eat at Cinderella's Castle.

Last year we ate at Cindy's on my wife's birthday. Earlier in the month when we had been planning our daughter's birthday party and ordering the cake, my wife made the comment that since we would be at WDW on her birthday, it would be the first year she hadn't had a birthday cake. It was just a passing comment, but it got me to thinking.

I called Cindy's and asked if they could have a special birthday cake as a surprise for my wife. They said they could provide a cupcake, but if I wanted something larger I would need to call the cake service.

I called the number they provided, and explained my situation. The CM was very helpful, and asked what kind of cake I had in mind. I asked what the options were. She replied that they could make cakes for parties from 4 to 5,000. I replied that I thought a cake for 4 would be my best option.

When the day arrived my wife was extremely surprised, and extremely excited. I told her why I had ordered it, and I could tell it meant a lot to her. After a full meal the cake was more than enough for the three of us. They provided us with a box, and we went back to our resort to finish it off after a dip in the pool.

When we returned home my wife told everyone how great the surprise was.

How happy was she? Well, we're expecting our second daughter in June. You do the math!:king: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom