A Note of Thanks to "Cinderella"

cphorrocks

Original Poster
I had a very magical moment at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday.

I was seated on the curb, watching the SpectroMagic parade go by. I have been celebrating my birthday this Saturday, June 2, and had gotten a birthday pin from Town Hall. As the Cinderella's coach float went by, Cinderella seemed to notice the pic, said "Happy Birthday", and blew me a kiss as I went by.

I'm well past childhood -- I've been an adult for more years than I care to write. I had known, intellectually, that character actors -- including "face characters" -- routinely interact with adults from their parade floats. But to be singled out and made to feel special in that way by a Disney princess was just too much, and I ended up fighting back tears of happiness that threatened to overwhelm this typically unsentimental man.

Thank you, Cinderella, for making an already special day even more magical.

rileyspaw

I was seated on the curb, watching the SpectroMagic parade go by. I have been celebrating my birthday this Saturday, June 2, and had gotten a birthday pin from Town Hall. As the Cinderella's coach float went by, Cinderella seemed to notice the pic, said "Happy Birthday", and blew me a kiss as I went by.

I'm well past childhood -- I've been an adult for more years than I care to write. I had known, intellectually, that character actors -- including "face characters" -- routinely interact with adults from their parade floats. But to be singled out and made to feel special in that way by a Disney princess was just too much, and I ended up fighting back tears of happiness that threatened to overwhelm this typically unsentimental man.

THANK YOU for that "feel good" magical moment and HAPPY BIRTHDAY with many more!!

Tiggerfanatic

I don't care how old you are - when something like happens, the Magic is real. That really was Cinderella and she was talking to YOU! Thank you so much for sharing and Happy Birthday!

smk

What a great story to read! I am glad your day was made more special! Happy Belated Birthday! :wave:

brkgnews

I don't care how old you are. How tough you are. How thick skinned you are. There's always something, somewhere, somehow at WDW that will make you choke on your own tears. :)

Tinkerbella16

That is so awesome. That is why it is our favorite place to be, and it never gets old. Happy Belated Birthday! Truely a magical experience you had...thanks for posting :wave:

Pooh88

And that's why we keep going back and back and back.......:wave:

Pluto got my rather "Stiff" Father-in-Law to break down his defenses at a meal at the Garden Grill with a big old *slurp* that knocked his hat off and caused a big smile!:sohappy:

Tinkrbell

It's that kind of thing that made me decide to go back for the second year in a row for my birthday. I turn 18 & eat in the castle all in the same week!

raven

This is what Disney magic is all about! And thank you for letting your inner child go with the moment. Many adults refuse to let loose their inner child and have fun at WDW. :wave:

We were at AK last September and the person I was with passed out from the heat. We were treated very well in the First Aid station and was even given ribs and chicken from the Flame Tree by a CM who helped us. They gave us a wheel chair and we got to sit in the front row at Lion King and we both cried because we were litterally in the middle of all the action and were caught up in the magic. Those performers paid my friend 1 on 1 attention like I've never seen!

AEfx

Alice did something very similar in the Boo-To-You-Parade to my niece a couple of years ago, and we were lucky to have it on tape. Glad to hear others have had the same simple, yet magical, experience. :)

AEfx

spectropluto

I printed out your message and made sure the royal page delivered it to her! She was so happy to hear about your memory!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom