A new pedestrian

Btrfly367

Original Poster
I rescently got into a car accident and now dont have a car to take with me for the program. What is the transportation like at DW? Is it reliable? My papers said that it takes over an hour to get to work with their transportation, is it really that bad?? Thanks...:shrug:

jiminy.cricket

Aww; glad you're okay. I usually boarded the bus an hour or more before heading to work, because it's slower than cars, the bus could be crowded and you might have to catch the next one, traffic could hold you up, and the buses make several stops along the way. It might be confusing to find your location the first week of work, so you should probably board the bus 2-3 hours early. There's a long bus schedule listing the times and locations the buses should* stop. Make sure you get to the stop early, because sometimes the buses only stop for like 20 seconds and then leave; then it's 20-30 minutes before the next bus arrives. Sometimes you might have to stop somewhere and take another bus, and once at your stop it takes a while to get to your location. So, life is harder with a bus but it's kinda fun and definitely doable.

Btrfly367

Original Poster
Aww; glad you're okay. I usually boarded the bus an hour or more before heading to work, because it's slower than cars, the bus could be crowded and you might have to catch the next one, traffic could hold you up, and the buses make several stops along the way. It might be confusing to find your location the first week of work, so you should probably board the bus 2-3 hours early. There's a long bus schedule listing the times and locations the buses should* stop. Make sure you get to the stop early, because sometimes the buses only stop for like 20 seconds and then leave; then it's 20-30 minutes before the next bus arrives. Sometimes you might have to stop somewhere and take another bus, and once at your stop it takes a while to get to your location. So, life is harder with a bus but it's kinda fun and definitely doable.

Where do I get this schedule?

flower4pwr

Where do I get this schedule?

They will give it to you when you check in.
I've done 2 programs, once without a car and once with. Yeah having a car is more convenient but you meet more people on the buses so there is a plus there as well. Also the 1 hour thing can vary depending on where you work. Some places you have to take 2 buses to get to work. Sometimes the buses might break down making you late. Sometimes there is traffic. It's all hit or miss. Usually you have a co-worker or roommate who has a car and will give you rides.

Btrfly367

Original Poster
They will give it to you when you check in.
I've done 2 programs, once without a car and once with. Yeah having a car is more convenient but you meet more people on the buses so there is a plus there as well. Also the 1 hour thing can vary depending on where you work. Some places you have to take 2 buses to get to work. Sometimes the buses might break down making you late. Sometimes there is traffic. It's all hit or miss. Usually you have a co-worker or roommate who has a car and will give you rides.

UM, make you late?? I was told that thats "unacceptable", that you get points taken off or deducted or something like that. Are they at all lienent if the bus breaks down?!

Ive never NOT had a car so this is all extremly new territory for me:veryconfu

flower4pwr

UM, make you late?? I was told that thats "unacceptable", that you get points taken off or deducted or something like that. Are they at all lienent if the bus breaks down?!

Ive never NOT had a car so this is all extremly new territory for me:veryconfu

If the bus breaks down and makes you late it is excused. But if you just miss the bus then that isn't excused! Which is why azndisneyfan recommended arriving an hour early. I was the same way! If I had to work at 2pm and one bus would get me in at 1:35 and one would get me in at 1:15 I would always take the 1:15 bus. This way I can take my time and get lunch or chat with friends if I wanted too. Is the bus inconvenient sometimes, yes. But it's very doable! Plus, no lie, FL traffic is the WORST THING EVER. LoL! You will be fine! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom