A little rant about the 60 day ADR prejudice against DVC owners

RamblinWreck

The hotel reservation system doesn’t recognise split stays, they see them as two separate stays. That’s the way it’s been coded., and changing it isn’t a priority for them. . I totally agree they should be able to do it., I’m just pointing out how it works.

Guest Services can’t access DVC reservations though, only Member Services can. Guest Services can do it for non DVC reservations. Both sets of CMs choose not to most of the time, probably because it’s time consuming.

Your solution works for you. Unfortunately I would be charged £50 per person if I cancel a hotel reservation - the joys of the Disney travel company aka the U.K. / Eire / European site.
Yikes!

There’s no cancellation fee here but if it’s worth the 50 bucks to you, you don’t need to put every person on the hotel reservation. Just one person who will be the lead person on all the dining reservations.

nickys

Premium Member
Yikes!

There’s no cancellation fee here but if it’s worth the 50 bucks to you, you don’t need to put every person on the hotel reservation. Just one person who will be the lead person on all the dining reservations.
Not worth it to me. Too much hassle for a restaurant IMO. Especially since the Touring Plans reservation finder has never let me down yet.

CaptainAmerica

I think all of this is much ado about nothing.

I've had several trips since the COVID reopening and I've gotten every dining reservation I wanted, including "hot" reservations like Space 220, and for larger parties (usually 7... any more than that has been hard).

cjkeating

Recently did 4 ADRs and accidentally booked for the CURRENT week. Oops. Didn't realise until I got a no show email. Just goes to show lots of people must cancel close to the date or availability is saved up and released last minute? I also got all my ADRs when I realised the next day for 60 days without any issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom