A Hopefully Helpful Trip Report

Tigggrl

Original Poster
Hi there!
Well, after weeks of scheduling and weather problems, Caldisney and I FINALLY made it to Disneyland for a short visit yesterday!
The weather was beautiful and the parks were quiet.
City Hall on Main Street is down for a facelift, along with the Fire Station. They have been doing quite a bit of painting, as the small area to the left of the Mad Hatter has been painted a really pretty victorian pink and white combination...A wonderful change from the yellow! Main Street looks great, with new landscaping too!
I have to send out a big thank you to a Haunted Mansion CM...Joe. Cal and I went to ride it..its my Fav! And the stretch room can be claustrophobic, with all the people and the dark! When we changed our minds, he told us of a shortcut, to bypass the stretch rooms, and go directly into the Portrait hallway! It was so nice of him to enable us to ride, going this way:) Cal and I rarely ride this together, and it made our day!

Fantasmic is back for the weekends too, and the Gallery still has the Haunted Mansion theme going on.

Over at DCA.....
The dates and info I recieved were from a CM "Cheat Sheet" so They are subject to change....
Superstar Limo is schedule to open on the 19th of May. According to what I was told, it MAY only be available on Friday, Saturday, And Sunday.
Millionaire is also changing to a weekend schedule, I believe around the same time, in May. The opening of SSL is only a temporary thing, probably thru the summer. Millionaire and SSL are both supposed to go away, possibly in the next year, but that remains to be seen.
The filmed the Aladdin show, supposedly for bonus footage of some kind for the DVD coming out this fall. It sure would be fun to have the stage version on the DVD too, but I don't think they would give away ALL their secrets!...LOL!

Back over to DL...We went to BTMR and there is the original stagecoach that Walt drove, and had built for the parks, and they had the most beautiful Belgian horse there too! His name is Ike, and he came from the Amish country, along with his companion Mike. He was a real sweetie! He let me pet him, but not Cal....Hehehe.

The official word on BTMR is March 10th! But remember, it can always change...so please check the board when you go in...:animwink:
There are some new Big Figs, and hats, and of course I couldnt leave without some of that Marcelines fudge, and those Chocolate coated strawberries! There are also some cool shadowbox art pieces in the Disneyana shop on Mainstreet too! I also picked up the Haunted Mansion book I have wanted for months! Good thing too...there were only 2 left!
As for now, we plan on going to a group meet on Sunday...we will see. Walking 4 hours bout killed me! (and my Physical Therapist isnt pleased...)
I hope this helps someone!
Have fun!:wave:

xfkirsten

AHA! So THAT'S why Disney DVD was having a big event at DCA on Monday! I bet you it's for hte Aladdin DVD. When I went to the last show on Monday, the whole Mezzanine was set aside for the Disney DVD people there.

-Kirsten

Pat X

Thanks for the trip report!

I wish they would work on a new soundtrack for DCA....the current is SO outdated!! Any word on when a new one will be released? :confused: :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom