A great article. Eisner a changed man?

WDW-Imagineer

If you read the bottom of my post, you see that I said that just because these attractions/resorts were created under Eisner, doesn't mean he had something directly to do with it. Since Eisner joined Disney in 1984, there has been a boom in resort & theme park growth. So I think you'd have to give him credit for that. The reason I listed everything was to make a point. You stated, "but, like i said, that was 1984. since then, name one thing he's done right." Now I'm not saying everything he did was right, but I just think that without Eisner, Disney would be a very different company with very different theme parks.

Splash Mountain was opened in Disneyland in 1989 and in WDW in 1992. Splash Mountain is one of Eisner's first attractions he gave the green-light to and helped develop. As far as ToT is concerned, I'm not sure. I know he had an active hand in it, plus I used its weight as a e-ride to make a point in my other post.

BTW - everything I listed was built after Eisner joined. If anything, I left a few attractions/resorts out.

dopey

wdw-i, i did read all the way to the bottom of your post.

my point is that if you're going to give eisner credit for everything good, you have to blame him for everything bad. and if you did that, the bad list would be much longer than the good list you posted.

i think the strength of the global economy had more to do with growth at wdw than anything eisner did. building more resorts to accommodate more visitors is a no-brainer. and like i said, that's why walt bought all that land in the first place.

thanks for the details on splash mountain. i'll give eisner a pat on the head there, even though, as i'm sure you know, a flume ride isn't exactly an original idea. but splash mtn. is done well and in the disney tradition. i'll be a lot of people are like me in believing it's been around a lot longer.

please don't take my criticism of eisner to mean i'm not rooting for the guy. i want to see disney succeed. walt knew his limitations and didn't hesitate to bring in people who had more expertise in certain things. i'm sure eisner is smart enough to do the same thing. will his ego let him? i dunno.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom