A Glimmer of Hope for EPCOT Center

Earlie the Pearlie

Original Poster
I’d like to point out that every single (very) recent addition to Epcot, no matter how bad, has managed to imitate the style or the substance of EPCOT Center. GotG and Space 220 both FEEL like something that would be in EPCOT Center, despite having zero educational value (unless you enjoy learning about the many Wonders of Xandar), while Moana, even though the Polynesian style is very out of place, actually has some educational value and (as far as I can tell) has interactive features that wouldn’t be out of place in a post show for the Seas or as a part of the ImageWorks if it used light instead of water. Plus, we’re getting Test Track 3.0 soon, and in my humble opinion we have never been closer to Imagination 3.0 (Golden book! Meet Figment! A general trend towards EPCOT Center-like attractions!)
So let us not feel hopeless. All wounds are healed by time.
If I’m totally wrong, please let me know, but I think that cautious optimism is going to be a good position to be in for at least the next few years.

eliza61nyc

So one of my disconnects is that I didn't go to Epcot during the so called "golden" years so I don't remember all these wonderful rides.
I do wish they would let the imagineers have more freedom and originality but I liked GotG a lot. I think perspective is important, if one hopes it returns to what it was in the 80s or 90s, you'll be disappointed.
Epcot is still a cool park.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Dis has floundered for a loooong time trying to figure out what EP should or could be. For a long time they settled in on making it an event/ cultural food based park. Educational reasons dont even count anymore. Now theyve started bringing in a variety of things that will just attract guests and fill up the park. I am somewhat sad to have seen the original concept fade away but I am glad they are at least bringing in things that are fun and worth coming for.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Epcot Center had major problems, most of the same ones that Brazilia and Ville Radieuse had. A set design, then again lets let it stop there... its just a set. An ideal conception that is populated by people that show up to play their part, but live elsewhere.

ohioguy

I’d like to point out that every single (very) recent addition to Epcot, no matter how bad, has managed to imitate the style or the substance of EPCOT Center. GotG and Space 220 both FEEL like something that would be in EPCOT Center, despite having zero educational value (unless you enjoy learning about the many Wonders of Xandar), while Moana, even though the Polynesian style is very out of place, actually has some educational value and (as far as I can tell) has interactive features that wouldn’t be out of place in a post show for the Seas or as a part of the ImageWorks if it used light instead of water. Plus, we’re getting Test Track 3.0 soon, and in my humble opinion we have never been closer to Imagination 3.0 (Golden book! Meet Figment! A general trend towards EPCOT Center-like attractions!)
So let us not feel hopeless. All wounds are healed by time.
If I’m totally wrong, please let me know, but I think that cautious optimism is going to be a good position to be in for at least the next few years.
I LOVE your positive attitude! I think many of the changes have been brilliant, and will ensure the long-term viability of the park for the next generations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom