A First Timer's Pre-Trip Report!

So we're 35 days out from our trip to Walt Disney World (my FIRST time EVER!) and to say I'm excited is an understatement.

It will be my boyfriend and I, and we will be celebrating our first anniversary. Our anniversary is actually in February, but we will be at The World from March 3-8. (We both work in television, and we took advantage of one of his "dark" weeks to make the trip).

We're both in our early twenties - he has been many times as a kid, but hasn't been to WDW in a good 5-6 years. As I previously mentioned, this will be my first time.

Here's our itinerary:

Sunday, March 3rd
Arrival! We have reservations at the Port Orleans-French Quarter. I figure we'll take this evening (we land in Orlando at 4PM) slow, and get settled before our reservations at 'Ohana. We'll be able to watch the fireworks while we eat, and then we'll hit up Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk.

Monday, March 4th
Hollywood Studios! As a lover of all things pop culture and a film major in college, I am very much looking forward to this park. On our must-do list are Tower of Terror, Toy Story Midway Mania, The Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, and the American Idol Experience. We have dinner reservations at Flying Fish, which we're both VERY excited about. We're counting this as our "anniversary" dinner.

Tuesday, March 5th
Epcot! As a born and bred New Yorker who recently discovered the joys of California, I'm looking forward to riding Soarin', and of course Spaceship Earth is a must. I'm also very excited about the World Showcase (one of my coworkers, a certified Disney freak, recommended we do the "drinking around the world," but I fear that I might die of alcohol poisoning.) We have dinner reservations at San Angel Inn.

Wednesday, March 6th
Animal Kingdom day! While I'm looking forward to all of the parks, I'd have to say that Animal Kingdom is the one I'm looking forward to the least out of all of them. That being said, I'd love to check out the Safaris and get wet at Kali River Rapids! I also wouldn't say no to dancing with Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. We may go back to Epcot on this day to cover things we might have missed the day before. Dinner tonight is at Sanaa.

Thursday, March 7th
One word (OK, two): Magic. Kingdom. The day we've all been waiting for (well, at least I've been). I literally do not want to miss a SECOND of this day. Fantasyland is a MUST, as is lunch at Be Our Guest (I tried, in vain, to get dinner reservations). My boyfriend insists I ride all the "nauseating" rides like Teacups and Space Mountain. I'm not too good with motion, so we'll see what happens! I may get the wristbands or ear patch that people utilize on cruises to help with the motion sickness. We don't even have dinner reservations because I simply didn't want to leave the park (and we HAVE to see Wishes up close and personal!) A jaunt to the local Steak n'Shake might be in order.

Friday, March 8th
Check out day :( But not before a breakfast at Chef Mickey's! We leave Orlando at night, so we may use this day to rest up and lounge by the pool, or go back to Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk.

I have to say, writing this PTR has gotten me even more excited for the trip...if it's possible!

disneysince71

Wanted to make sure you knew there is a free boat ride that will take you from the front of HOLLYWOOD to the Boardwalk and the front of The Flying Fish.. Trip sounds fun! :)

disneysince71

Another tip... when you arrive hit Downtown Disney it is also a boat ride from POFQ and you will be hitting BW the next day when you go to Flying Fish... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom