A Disney Wedding!!!

palmage

Original Poster
Just returned from my neices wedding and in a word it was fantastic:sohappy: :sohappy:

The brides side (from Minneapolis) stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge and as always it was perfect. The grooms side were all from St Pete and just came for the day on Friday.

The first night (Thursday) we did the Sunset Safari which was great but no beer. It was awesome to get upclose with the animals and learn about the whole Disney savannah animal care programs.
Included in the Safari is a family style dinner at Jiko and they just kept bringing us food coupled with fantastic wine pairings.

On Friday (even though there was wedding that afternoon) people wanted to do some park stuff, so as the un-official tour guide I suggested Animal Kingdom for a few hours.
It was crowded for a Friday but we managed to see the big stuff.

The wedding was at 3:00 on at the Yacht Club Gazebo and everything was perfect.
Hats of to Disney wedding planners. they were there throughout to take care of anything.
It was a small wedding (20 people), and the ceromony was very nice.
We had a small wedding cake on the lawn (Mickey and Minnie made a cameo appereance), and then limo's back to change for dinner.
Dinner was at the Yachtsman Steak Houseand was delicious.

That evening was the show stopper.:D
We had a private viewing area at Morrocco for Illunanitions.
They bussed us from the Yacht Club to Morrocco going backstage to get us right there.
We had pastries and foo foo drinks, but no beer.
So we went to the UK for 12 1/2 yards of beer. Back in Morrocco we had beer and cigars and watched the fireworks.
It was EMH that night at Epcot so we played around till midnight.

Saturday was play day, but because we had limited time we hit the big rides at Epcot and MGM.
We had dinner at Ohana that evening which was so-so (ok it was downright bad) but still fun.
Then to the beach for Wishes.
The rest of the evening was spent up in the Kilimanjaro Club for chit chat and sad good nights because my sister and brother were leaving very early on Sunday.

My wife and boys did some Magic Kingdom time on sunday before we left to go home.

But all in all everything went without any flaws.
Everyone had a fantastic (although short) time and our wallets were much lighter.

luna99

what a great time!!

I was thinking of doing that safari thing but everyone has to pay for a ticket into the park and I can't afford to buy that for all my guests! (I'm getting married there in September).

it sounded fabulous! man, I'd love to have a great spot in epcot to see illuminations like that too.

can't wait for the pictures!!! I'm sure it was lovely!

palmage

Original Poster
what a great time!!

I was thinking of doing that safari thing but everyone has to pay for a ticket into the park and I can't afford to buy that for all my guests!.

The Sunset Safari takes place at the AKL, not the park.
It's for anyone staying concierge, but half our party was staying in regular rooms.

I've been afraid to ask how my brother spent on the private viewing area.

The whole trip was a blast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom