A couple of Q's...

alanandtom

Hello, hello, hello!

We're 58 days away and that tingling sensation has started. Every day is Orlando-focussed.

To make sure we get it all right, I've got a few questions, which if you have any advice on them, would be greatly appreciated!

1. We're travelling from the UK to Orlando International and catching the DME when we arrive to AKL. Is it worth us having our luggage taken to the resort for us, or quicker for us to sort it ourselves? We will be going straight to the resort regardless and are simply worried that us taking it to a different belt will result it in being lost.
  2. With the luggage, how do I go about getting that magic sprinkle on them? Is this only do-able if the luggage is taken by the DME?
  3. We have booked our FastPass+' - understandably, we cannot get all the ones we wish to get in some parks with it only offering you to select one of a certain selection in specific parks. Is there a way to acquire a FP+ for those? (For example, Epcot - Soarin'/TT...)
  4. Finally, I've Googled this relentlessly and still do not quite understand Rope Drop. What times does this occur at and is it every day?

We're so excited! Thanks in advance, you magical people!

x

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
1. Unless you're coming from an airport in the UK with US Customs pre-check, you'll have to retrieve your luggage to go through US Customs. If you've already got it, it's not saving any time in the airport for you to drop it off for DME to process. I'd say just take it with you on the bus.
2. I have no idea what "magic sprinkle" is, so I'll leave this question to others.
3. When you finish the three FP+ you've pre-booked, you can add one at a time while you're in the park. I always recommend selecting early-morning FP+, so you have more time after your third is used to add additional FP+.
4. "Rope Drop" is park opening. What often happens is they will allow entry into the park before official opening, but only to a certain distance in. This allows more people to clear the turnstiles in advance of open. You go as far as where CMs are holding a rope. When it's time to open, the CMs usually walk the rope forward rather than drop it, to keep guests from running full-tilt to attractions. If you're at MK and want to ride SDMT, line up on the right-hand side of the entrance, as the folks going to SDMT veer to the right around the castle to get there.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Another thought on #3: You may be running into the limitations of the "tiers" on FastPasses at all of the parks other than MK. The more popular rides are grouped together so you can only pre-book one of them per day. So in your mention of Test Track and Soarin, you can only choose one of those per day ahead if time. To ride the other on the same day, you'd have to snag it as your 4th+ FP+ after you've used your first three, or wait in the Standby queue.

-Rob

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
1. Unless you're coming from an airport in the UK with US Customs pre-check, you'll have to retrieve your luggage to go through US Customs. If you've already got it, it's not saving any time in the airport for you to drop it off for DME to process. I'd say just take it with you on the bus.
2. I have no idea what "magic sprinkle" is, so I'll leave this question to others.
3. When you finish the three FP+ you've pre-booked, you can add one at a time while you're in the park. I always recommend selecting early-morning FP+, so you have more time after your third is used to add additional FP+.
4. "Rope Drop" is park opening. What often happens is they will allow entry into the park before official opening, but only to a certain distance in. This allows more people to clear the turnstiles in advance of open. You go as far as where CMs are holding a rope. When it's time to open, the CMs usually walk the rope forward rather than drop it, to keep guests from running full-tilt to attractions. If you're at MK and want to ride SDMT, line up on the right-hand side of the entrance, as the folks going to SDMT veer to the right around the castle to get there.

To add to these answers...

1) Not necessarily the case.

If you're flying direct to MCO from the UK then I agree, then just keep your luggage with you.

If on the other hand you're flying into a different US airport first, then when you arrive at MCO just give them the luggage receipts from the US Hub airport and let MDE collect the cases. Make sure you have any overnight essentials with you in hand luggage. You can also ask bell services to keep the bags until the morning if you want to get to bed earlyish.

2) I have no idea what you mean either. Can you explain please?

3) Nothing to add

4) At MK, for a 9 am opening, everyone is allowed into the park at 8am. You can then get a coffee from Starbucks or shop and wait at the castle until they open up.

The term rope drop refers to the fact they literally have ropes across the paths to each land that are taken down when it's time to open the rides.

Upvote 0

alanandtom

Original Poster
Thank you everyone! Apologies on No. 3 - I've read in a few places that you can have your cases sprinkled in 'pixie dust' and wondered if this little add-on is legit and how we might go about that (or is this just something visitors themselves do?)

x

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you everyone! Apologies on No. 3 - I've read in a few places that you can have your cases sprinkled in 'pixie dust' and wondered if this little add-on is legit and how we might go about that (or is this just something visitors themselves do?)

x
I can assure you that Disney does not want the liability of “sprinkling” anything on anyone’s luggage....especially during these times of heightened security. Whatever you have read was done by guests themselves.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom