A couple AP FP+ questions

etwtec

Original Poster
I have no used the FP+ system or the Annual Passholder Magic Band yet but I have a few questions:

1. Lets say the day before you want to go to the MK you reserve your 3 attractions. After you ride those 3 attractions, are you then able to reserve 3 more? Or is 3 all you get for a month?

2. What happens if you reserve 3 attractions and you don't use all 3?

3. If you are a AP holder and you reserve 3 attractions for a day, then later on you have family members come into town that only have a one day park ticket, Are you able to add them to your existing FP+ reservations? or do they have to be registered with you at the time you first made the reservation?

4. If you have a debit card set up to your account, are you able to use your Magic Band for purchases?

Thanks!

Rob562

1) There has been very recent news of them adding functionality of getting additional FP+ choices after you've used your initial 3, but nothing has been rolled out to everyone yet, just a few reports of sporadic testing.
Also, the limit to making FP+ reservations for AP holders is that you can only have 7 days of active FP+ reservations at any one time. In order to make an additional day of reservations, you have to either cancel, use or allow an already-scheduled day to expire.

2) You can go into the phone app or a kiosk and change times, but once the window has passed you lose that FP+ slot.

3) If you're linked to the via Friends & Family on the MDE site and they link their tickets to their profiles, you can go in and copy your existing FP+ choices to them, as long as there are still slots available for your particular times.

4) Charging with the Bands is currently only available to people staying at a Disney resort.

-Rob

horizons82

I'll try to help...others may add or correct me...

Your first question actually has 2 answers. As far as 'per month', I believe you can make up to 7 days worth of FP arrangements. As far as same-day use...I have heard that after you use your original 3 FPs you can make 1 more FP, then make another after you use that one, etc. I don't know if this has been implemented yet or not.

2. Nothing happens that I know of (in terms of any penalty), but I'd like to know the answer to this as well...

3. I'm pretty sure you would need to have the people in your party 'linked' at the time you make FPs for everyone to have the same FP times.

4. No, you can not use the MB with a debit or credit card on your acct. I believe this is only a privilege extended to on-site resort guests.

Hope this helps...

etwtec

Original Poster
Ok thanks, Hopefully the updates Disney has planned lets you pick 3 more after you use the first 3.. and hopefully they let you use your debit card linked to your Magic Band! Why cant APs use their debit card now with the Magic Band?

Rob562

Ok thanks, Hopefully the updates Disney has planned lets you pick 3 more after you use the first 3.. and hopefully they let you use your debit card linked to your Magic Band! Why cant APs use their debit card now with the Magic Band?

I would presume it's a fraud or liability thing. Right now when a resort guest uses the Band to pay for something it doesn't charge the Guest's card right away, but rather it charges to their room charge account. (It operated the same way under room key card charging) Disney can easily handle discrepancies and fraudulent charges in their own in-house accounts before the charges go through to the card. It becomes a much more logistical problem if every charge goes through to the associated card each time. Plus, I'm sure there's some kind of "must have card present" agreement with the credit card companies. Having a PIN for purchases may not meet all the requirements.

If they can't get around those card-must-be-present issues, I could perhaps see them setting up a debit account type of situation for AP holders, where you pre-pay money into an account and then debit from that with each usage. Pretty simple to implement, actually, since it would act like a virtual gift card and they already have a whole Disney Gift Card system in place, it would just require interfacing the two.

You don't lose a slot if the time passes; you can still pick a new time or experience. I did it myself yesterday.

Hmmm... Had the window fully passed? Or were you still within the window?
This is what the FP+ FAQ says about missing a reservation:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/fast-pass-plus/missing-reservation-time/
Q.
If I miss my FastPass+ arrival window, do I lose my opportunity to experience the attraction?

A.
We understand that there are many unexpected situations that may arise and cause you to miss your FastPass+ attraction arrival window time—but don’t worry! If your plans change while at the park and FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can modify your selections online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk.

Please try to make changes to your FastPass+ experience before the start of your arrival window time. If you miss your time due to circumstances beyond your control, please speak to the Cast Members at the attraction.

While you may lose the opportunity to use an attraction’s FastPass+ entrance if you miss your arrival window time, all operating attractions still provide a standby queue where you can wait to enjoy the attraction.

-Rob

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Hmmm... Had the window fully passed? Or were you still within the window?

I deliberately waited until the window had completely passed, even beyond the grace period.

I made three selections, redeemed the first one so that I'd be "locked in" to the park, then waited and modified the second. I was actually specifically testing whether it would work because of the conflicting information I'd read.

Rob562

I deliberately waited until the window had completely passed, even beyond the grace period.

I made three selections, redeemed the first one so that I'd be "locked in" to the park, then waited and modified the second. I was actually specifically testing whether it would work because of the conflicting information I'd read.

Interesting.

-Rob

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Additionally, I was surprised to find that I was able to "change experience" for the expired slot. I had tried in the past to do that, but it would say "no experiences available," which kind of made sense since there WOULDN'T be anything available in the past. Now, it seems that it will let you do it, and it simply gives you the earliest available time in the future. Seems like there's lots of tweaking going on.

etwtec

Original Poster
Im still a little confused. Being a AP holder and being registered with the MDE app, if I make a FP+ reservation for 3 attractions then have family come into town who only purchase a one day ticket and are not registered with MDE or have a phone, Can I somehow add them to my account and add them to my 3 FP+ attractions?
If not then once they purchase their one day ticket, could I then go into the app on my phone and reserve the attractions under my AP and then type in their ticket numbers or something?

KatMaria

You would have to have your family be "friends" with you on MDE to make reservations for them with FP+. With that they need to have an RFID ticket to enter on My Disney Experience website and they you can friend them. DO NOT put them on your account, that will just mess everything up. Have them create their own MDX with their own tickets, and then friend them to be able to get your FP+ with them. If they have gotten their tickets recently, they should be RFID so they can use MDX, or i have heard there is a way to do with old tickets on the site itself.

KatMaria

Additionally, I was surprised to find that I was able to "change experience" for the expired slot. I had tried in the past to do that, but it would say "no experiences available," which kind of made sense since there WOULDN'T be anything available in the past. Now, it seems that it will let you do it, and it simply gives you the earliest available time in the future. Seems like there's lots of tweaking going on.
Yes, if you don't use your fp+, it automatically lets you get another one. It is a new thing going on that will be integrated with the new park hopping, more than 3 fp+ in the future. But if you miss your fp, you can simply get another one.

Rob562

You would have to have your family be "friends" with you on MDE to make reservations for them with FP+. With that they need to have an RFID ticket to enter on My Disney Experience website and they you can friend them. DO NOT put them on your account, that will just mess everything up. Have them create their own MDX with their own tickets, and then friend them to be able to get your FP+ with them. If they have gotten their tickets recently, they should be RFID so they can use MDX, or i have heard there is a way to do with old tickets on the site itself.

Actually, connecting via Friends & Family on MDE doesn't require tickets just to connect. You can get accounts set up and connect people well before tickets are purchased. (I have half a dozen friends connected in anticipation of booking a trip this fall) You just have to have tickets linked first to make FP+ in advance.

So what @etwtec needs to do is connect with them and just have them sitting in their F&F list. He can make his own FP+ choices. If they decide to join him, they can buy their tickets, link them to their MDE profiles via a phone or kiosk, and then he can use the "Copy" function to copy his existing FP+ choices to them, as long as there are still windows available for his times. (He may have to tweak his times a little to get everyone on the same times, though)

-Rob

sjhym333

Another thought. If you have friends who buy a one day ticket and you already have FP's your other option is to go to a kiosk and the CM will swipe your MagicBand and grab your existing FP's. They will then try to replicate your FP's on your friends tickets.

I did this recently and the CM did an amazing job trying to get FP's for my friends. At one point the CM asked if I would be ok with a FP for an hour later then my current FP reservation so that all of us could ride together. The CM was wonderful in trying to get all of us on the same FP reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom