99.9% are great but where do you post about the bad experiences with CM?

Jonnydanger

Original Poster
99.9% of the Disney "cast members" are wonderful people however I have had 2 bad experiences.

1. One of them was with a cast member who I think was trying to steal my pin number because their eyes were glued to my fingers as I was trying in my pin. Normally people turn away when you enter in your pin. I found this very strange behavior and I'm puzzled as to why they were acting like this.

2. The other was with someone stopping me from talking to the Soarin ride a full 12 minutes before the lines closed by telling me the park had closed.
It was a 12 minutes until the schedule said the park closed, the fireworks were at the time the park closes and probably take at least 10 minutes. I basically ran past the person and went to the soaring ride anyway and it was open(not closed)

I wasted to much time with this CM stalling me that did not miss the crowd out of the place and was forced to spend like a hour waiting in line to get from Epcot to the Magic kingdom.

These are 2 of the bad experiences. I can also give many examples of good experience but right now I am upset about the bad.

I've had plenty of experiences where the CMs rubbed me the wrong way. Let me start by saying that I hold the CMs to a higher standard than most people today. Only because I was a CM myself, and the Traditions I learned have since been forgotten (Current CMs are allowed messy facial hair, etc.) and I've even been told that rules are "pretty lax". I get frustrated when I see CMs that are obviously bored or annoyed. If you want to argue that they shouldn't be expected to hold a smile all day, then frankly they should find another line of work.

Anywho, I was in the standby line with my family for Winnie the Pooh. There were maybe five or six groups ahead of us at the junction of the standby and Fastpass line. I watched this young lady let Fastpass after Fastpass into the ride for close to a minute while only allowing one standby group in before returning to Fastpass guests. It got to the point where the standby groups were getting visibly annoyed. So I finally spoke up, and kindly asked to take into consideration how long we were waiting. She proceeded to ignore me and purposefully let all the families ahead of us in and stopped me at the entrance. She then let a ton of Fastpass guests in while smugly looking at me. I wanted to report her so bad, but I didn't want to take time out of my trip so I let it go.
The thing with this is there are ratios that attractions cast has to follow. Sometimes when it is high occupancy for every 1 person in stand by we send like 30 from fastpass. The ratio depends on the day. Fastpass is their priority.

DHoy

I've had plenty of experiences where the CMs rubbed me the wrong way. Let me start by saying that I hold the CMs to a higher standard than most people today. Only because I was a CM myself, and the Traditions I learned have since been forgotten (Current CMs are allowed messy facial hair, etc.) and I've even been told that rules are "pretty lax". I get frustrated when I see CMs that are obviously bored or annoyed. If you want to argue that they shouldn't be expected to hold a smile all day, then frankly they should find another line of work.

Anywho, I was in the standby line with my family for Winnie the Pooh. There were maybe five or six groups ahead of us at the junction of the standby and Fastpass line. I watched this young lady let Fastpass after Fastpass into the ride for close to a minute while only allowing one standby group in before returning to Fastpass guests. It got to the point where the standby groups were getting visibly annoyed. So I finally spoke up, and kindly asked to take into consideration how long we were waiting. She proceeded to ignore me and purposefully let all the families ahead of us in and stopped me at the entrance. She then let a ton of Fastpass guests in while smugly looking at me. I wanted to report her so bad, but I didn't want to take time out of my trip so I let it go.

On fast pass. The ratio method is Called OPAT or One Party at a Time. They begin each ratio with a party of standby-by and depending on how long the fast pass line they use a multiple factor to take fast pass. So if a group in standby by has 5 people. They take 5 x ____. Many people of past pass. Pooh is a low capacity ride which moves the line slower so the ratio there can feel like an eternity.

Oh and if you yell at them they'll take more from fast pass. There was a riot in the buzz queue once where the entire stand by line was tell the cast members name and saying they suck. Orange County sheriff and Disney security was brought to contain the standby line while the cm continued their ratios.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
99.9% of the Disney "cast members" are wonderful people however I have had 2 bad experiences.

1. One of them was with a cast member who I think was trying to steal my pin number because their eyes were glued to my fingers as I was trying in my pin. Normally people turn away when you enter in your pin. I found this very strange behavior and I'm puzzled as to why they were acting like this.

2. The other was with someone stopping me from talking to the Soarin ride a full 12 minutes before the lines closed by telling me the park had closed.
It was a 12 minutes until the schedule said the park closed, the fireworks were at the time the park closes and probably take at least 10 minutes. I basically ran past the person and went to the soaring ride anyway and it was open(not closed)

I wasted to much time with this CM stalling me that did not miss the crowd out of the place and was forced to spend like a hour waiting in line to get from Epcot to the Magic kingdom.

These are 2 of the bad experiences. I can also give many examples of good experience but right now I am upset about the bad.
Im not sure what posting about bad cast members on a fan site accomplishes. I would contact Disney with your concerns.

rob0519

Your post title asked "where do you post about the bad experiences with CM?".
Then you proceeded to post your complaints here, so basically answered your own question. If you want to continue to complain to a larger audience Google "Disney Fan Forum" and join each one to post your complaints. Otherwise simply send an email to Disney Guest Services.

As for your complaints, you may be right about the CM trying to steal your PIN number. On the other hand he/she may have had a long day of dealing with guests and was simply staring blankly into space waiting for you to input your number.

As for the second complaint, where were you when you encountered this CM? Were you directly outside Soarin' or were you somewhere else in the park? I was just there a couple of weeks ago and had no problem getting from the World Showcase to Soarin passing more than a dozen CMs and Security personnel. We actually entered the building at 9:58. I'm pretty sure we were the last ones admitted though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom