NO WATER!?? Nooooo Water! (Splash Mountain Opening Video)

TomboyJanet

Original Poster

In my series of reflecting on nostalgic Disney atmosphere, I decided to just post the very awesome video made when they opened Disney World's Splash Mountain. It was quite a production, and way more fun than just having random (related or otherwise) celebrities sing or something, like they do with everything now.

THIS is how you open a WORLD CLASS attraction. I've seen nothing close to this for TBA. Maybe this Christmas Parade will change that but I doubt it. They'll Just have her sing a song from it and that will be it. No story, no silliness, no antics, just like the ride, without substance. Just a concert, with lip synching most likely.

But anyway enjoy this trip back to the good ole' 90s where people didn't always think in spreadsheets and there was no such thing as the often wrong online research data that we have now.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Who's the mayor and is he a character ever trotted out for anything else?
Not anymore, he use to be in the old main street station opening show.

Christopher George Weaver was irreplaceable.

JoeCamel

Eric Graham

He was the mayor of Main Street. I met him a few times and we kinda fan gushed over him cuz of this video. I remember it was somewhere near the fire station on the curb in front of the emporium.
It is so wonderful that a lot of y'all have such a deep inner connection to so many people at the parks...i wish i did...that is so great! almost a gift!

WorldExplorer

There are hot air balloons and people on the mountain. It looks like an exaggerated, idealized postcard. It's crazy.

Also, going down the big drop in a costume like that seems even more terrifying than the big drop normally was.

donaldtoo

In my series of reflecting on nostalgic Disney atmosphere, I decided to just post the very awesome video made when they opened Disney World's Splash Mountain. It was quite a production, and way more fun than just having random (related or otherwise) celebrities sing or something, like they do with everything now.

THIS is how you open a WORLD CLASS attraction. I've seen nothing close to this for TBA. Maybe this Christmas Parade will change that but I doubt it. They'll Just have her sing a song from it and that will be it. No story, no silliness, no antics, just like the ride, without substance. Just a concert, with lip synching most likely.

But anyway enjoy this trip back to the good ole' 90s where people didn't always think in spreadsheets and there was no such thing as the often wrong online research data that we have now.

Back when Disney still had heart and soul.

Cmdr_Crimson

Miss my way of thinking folks?
Bspg2c.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom