AI is coming to WDI?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
According to The Wrap…

Most of the focus will be on postproduction and VFX, but non-customer facing changes at Parks and Experiences is also mentioned
I think if any business the size of Disney is not looking at AI, they are in serious trouble. I would expect Disney to be putting considerable resources into it across the board.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I think if any business the size of Disney is not looking at AI, they are in serious trouble. I would expect Disney to be putting considerable resources into it across the board.

If they are, then they'll be looking to reduce headcount as its quickest ROI is to take over the data analysis functions.

britain

They technically own Industrial Light and Magic. Surely ILM has been looking into harnessing AI’s abilities in a manner that still preserves their jobs.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The problem with the term "AI" is that it encompasses a LOT of things and can't be pinned down to something good/bad necessarily. It's just a matter of what specific things they're referring to.

Tha Realest

Original Poster
The problem with the term "AI" is that it encompasses a LOT of things and can't be pinned down to something good/bad necessarily. It's just a matter of what specific things they're referring to.
Yeah. I could see it being used to encourage certain efficiencies. Maybe interfacing with G+ or pricing and the like.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I think too many people look at AI and only see the creative aspect (like content creation) and direct interaction aspect, but what AI is REALLY good at is the analytical aspect... specifically pattern recognition. Using AI for things like labor scheduling, crowd distribution, and purchasing (both merchandise and food items) would seem logical (if it's not already being implemented in some way).

GenChi

Toy Story Land Phase 2 with Al is going to be sick

451bb12.png

JD80

AI will be extremely helpful with visual effects. Just like the time saved between hand drawn animation to CGI, this will be similar.

You can already to crazy stuff easily with photoshop and adobe. You'll still need plenty of people to polish shape and build the effects, but the throughput and efficiency of those people will increase dramatically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom