Original Poster
Here’s a look at the new price for each pass before tax:

Pixie Dust Pass: $469 (previously $439)
Pirate Pass: $829 (previously $799)
Sorcerer Pass: $1079 (previously $999)
Incredi-Pass: $1549 (previously $1449)

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 2.15.25 AM.png

Skywatcher

Wow, that never happens where I am good at timing. I bought yesterday…

Did anyone actually believe that they wouldn’t increase prices? They raise them every year like clockwork. With that said, they are quite expensive, but so are the Universal tickets including Epic Universe that I bought yesterday as well.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Wow, that never happens where I am good at timing. I bought yesterday…

Did anyone actually believe that they wouldn’t increase prices? They raise them every year like clockwork. With that said, they are quite expensive, but so are the Universal tickets including Epic Universe that I bought yesterday as well.
Is that you, Bob? You even included a hint in your username! Welcome to the forums!

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I imagine the original plan was to do this the week of the hurricane concurrent with the DLR price increases.

Well I saved myself $100 by renewing my AP because of it. Now I can blow that savings on a slice of cake and a bottle of water at the Ye Olde Cake Bake Shopee.

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I would be more open to buying an AP if they’d unlock the other levels to at least neighboring states such as GA (where we live) and Alabama, etc. We can easily drive down for a long weekend and stay in a value but ticket prices make it not economical.

I’d be happy with a pirate pass - it meets all of our needs and would be a big savings to our family AND Disney would make MORE off of us because we would go more often. Unfortunately they refuse to even consider this like Universal does so we are stuck with one trip a year.

Of course last time I held an AP it was $749 in 2017 so…

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I would be more open to buying an AP if they’d unlock the other levels to at least neighboring states such as GA (where we live) and Alabama, etc. We can easily drive down for a long weekend and stay in a value but ticket prices make it not economical.

I’d be happy with a pirate pass - it meets all of our needs and would be a big savings to our family AND Disney would make MORE off of us because we would go more often. Unfortunately they refuse to even consider this like Universal does so we are stuck with one trip a year.

Of course last time I held an AP it was $749 in 2017 so…
They don't want more AP sales. The disproportionate yearly price increases are meant to thin the heard until they can basically be phased out.

If they sold any other types of passes to everyone, more people would purchase them and it would exacerbate the problem, additionally, no one would buy the top level pass (because there is no reason to buy it).

The only reason why they allow DVC to access the Sorcerer Pass is because it allows them to sell more DVC points to eager suckers, like me.

Brian

Just last weekend some APs weren't able to get same-day reservations for Magic Kingdom or EPCOT. They should be dropping the price until the ridiculous reservation system is gone.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They don't want more AP sales. The disproportionate yearly price increases are meant to thin the heard until they can basically be phased out.

If they sold any other types of passes to everyone, more people would purchase them and it would exacerbate the problem, additionally, no one would buy the top level pass (because there is no reason to buy it).

The only reason why they allow DVC to access the Sorcerer Pass is because it allows them to sell more DVC points to eager suckers, like me.
They hate AP’s… until they need them to fill the parks, buy rooms, and generally spend. Which seems to be happening more frequently… 🤔

Disstevefan1

Attendance is down. They need to keep making money somehow.

Besides that, Iger loves to stick it to the filthy APers.

Iger hopes he can price out some of those filthy APers to make more room for those nice families from Denver.

TalkingHead

Attendance is down. They need to keep making money somehow.

Besides that, Iger loves to stick it to the filthy APers.

Iger hopes he can price out some of those filthy APers to make more room for those nice families from Denver.
You act like the pitiable APs are compelled to buy passes and visit. If they don’t like the prices and value, they’re more than welcome to walk, like some of us have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom