If you're headed to the beach in Florida...

John park hopper

There is also a warning that the bacteria Vibrio vulnificus is present in higher numbers in parts of FL due to the hurricanes. People who are immune compromised, alcoholics, etc are susceptible to this bacteria and can be life threatening----found in salt water and contaminated shellfish

Upvote 0

TomP

I live in Tampa Bay area. Right now is not the best time to visit Gulf beaches in central Florida. Red tide and bacteria counts of all kinds are high. They are still trying to clean up and restore facilities. In some areas resources are stretched thin. Many beach front businesses are closed, some hotels are having problems. Flooding is still present in some areas and many beaches have major erosion. Maybe try the Atlantic beaches for now and save the wonderful Gulf coast for some other time.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

I live in Tampa Bay area. Right now is not the best time to visit Gulf beaches in central Florida. Red tide and bacteria counts of all kinds are high. They are still trying to clean up and restore facilities. In some areas resources are stretched thin. Many beach front businesses are closed, some hotels are having problems. Flooding is still present in some areas and many beaches have major erosion. Maybe try the Atlantic beaches for now and save the wonderful Gulf coast for some other time.
I’d pass on New Smyrna Beach the shark capital beach of the world.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom