For some reason I've never done this at Disney, but always wanted to someday (the festival of the arts at Epcot)

Cmdr_Crimson

Several years back this festival was originally in Downtown Disney called Festival of The Masters.
It was free festival and then they decided to move to the the Festival Park Epcot to profit from it by also adding a little Food & Wine to the mix.

TrainsOfDisney

It was free festival and then they decided to move to the the Festival Park Epcot to profit from it by also adding a little Food & Wine to the mix.
they added more than that though…. It’s a pretty legit festival - I’m a big fan.

Now food and wine isn’t worth it anymore…. It used to be worth the trip, but not anymore. They don’t even decorate much anymore… they just reuse the same wood cutouts each year.

But the art festival? Yes! Bring it on!

osian

I enjoy it a lot, it's the one I've attended the most, although not specifically for that, it's just been the best time of year for me to come from the UK (price, weather, work, crowd levels). First time on a WDW-specific holiday for me was November 2014 (Food & Wine). I didn't know much about it then so I don't think I made the most of it. Always wanted to try it again, so that's why I'm going in two weeks, exactly 10 years after my first. But other than that it's been 2018 Arts, 2019 Arts and 2023 Arts. The next one is probably going to be 2027 Flower & Garden. EPCOT is my favourite park.

Disadvantages of Arts: the food is more expensive than at the other festivals. There's plenty of art on display and for sale, but it is mostly Disney cartoon stuff. And there is the occasional live musical performance but don't think that this is a festival full to the brim with the arts of all different types, it's focussed on food and Disney artworks.

Last edited:

Mireille

Premium Member
Of the festivals, I think I like Flower & Garden most. Festival of the Arts is neat, it's fun to look at the product of creative minds, and I'm glad I experienced it at least once, but it seems more for locals, to me? Like, I can't imaging buying any because firstly, it's all pretty expensive and secondly, having to get it home somehow.

TrainsOfDisney

Of the festivals, I think I like Flower & Garden most. Festival of the Arts is neat, it's fun to look at the product of creative minds, and I'm glad I experienced it at least once, but it seems more for locals, to me? Like, I can't imaging buying any because firstly, it's all pretty expensive and secondly, having to get it home somehow.
Well, you’re not taking the topiaries home with you and you can still enjoy them.

Also, most of the artists sell smaller, lower priced prints of their work as well. They are much easier to travel with, and also much more affordable.

Of course the flower and garden festival is also enjoyable. I think Art, Holidays, Flower and Garden, and then Food and wine is how I would rate them. Food and Wine used to be my favorite but now it’s just “eh” - they took away all the fun stuff and raised the prices on what was left.

Phonedave

Well, you’re not taking the topiaries home with you and you can still enjoy them.

Also, most of the artists sell smaller, lower priced prints of their work as well. They are much easier to travel with, and also much more affordable.

Of course the flower and garden festival is also enjoyable. I think Art, Holidays, Flower and Garden, and then Food and wine is how I would rate them. Food and Wine used to be my favorite but now it’s just “eh” - they took away all the fun stuff and raised the prices on what was left.

I have a framed giclee similar to this one - https://disneyfineart.com/collections/tim-rogerson/products/too-many-cooks

It is the same size, frame, and artist (Tim Rogerson) but it is an other one of his works for Food and Wine (10 cheers for 10 years - I may have that number incorrect).

Anyway, I bought it at Food and Wine. (He was there, signed the back, and drew some additional art on the back of the mounting). They wrapped the whole thing up, packed it in a sturdy shipper, and it was delivered to my home about 10 days later.

They do a good job with the shipping. They make it easy because they don't want potential buyers to be scared off.

I also bought a BigFig (The Black Pearl) from Art of Disney, and they shipped it to me as well. That was packed in it's original box, which was then wrapped in cushioning, and packed into a larger external box.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
I have a framed giclee similar to this one - https://disneyfineart.com/collections/tim-rogerson/products/too-many-cooks

It is the same size, frame, and artist (Tim Rogerson) but it is an other one of his works for Food and Wine (10 cheers for 10 years - I may have that number incorrect).

Anyway, I bought it at Food and Wine. (He was there, signed the back, and drew some additional art on the back of the mounting). They wrapped the whole thing up, packed it in a sturdy shipper, and it was delivered to my home about 10 days later.

They do a good job with the shipping. They make it easy because they don't want potential buyers to be scared off.

I also bought a BigFig (The Black Pearl) from Art of Disney, and they shipped it to me as well. That was packed in it's original box, which was then wrapped in cushioning, and packed into a larger external box.
wow, that really sounds like such an awesome collection that you have.. you must be very proud of all of your art!

MickeyLuv'r

We had fun going before the pandemic. We took one of the drawing classes that year. Only problem was that was in the days where everyone's bag got searched by hand, and it took a very long time to get into the park that morning. By the time we were inside the gate, we were already late, so had to book it to the back of the park. Turns out they held the start of the class up for us and others who were also held up, but we didn't know that until we got there.

The class was interesting, and the artist was really talented and very kind. The food we ate was also excellent. Many artists were there in person to talk/sign their work, so that part was neat.

I went again last year, and the festival seemed a bit reduced from what it had been. Far less art, and the food items were good, but not quite as exciting.

One thing to know is that you can spend quite a bit buying food. So you pay for a park ticket, then you spend quite a bit more on food if you aren't careful. The smoothie they sell outside by the Land was really good (they kept it after the festival), and it was nice to see fresh produce. The strawberry shortcake was a highlight. They have definitely gotten better with how well they handle/serve the food offerings over the years.

Do get a booklet as you enter the park. If you buy certain foods, be sure to get a stamp in your book to get credit. If you buy enough of the foods, they give you a free item. We didn't think we'd end up trying enough of them, but we did, so we were glad we had collected the stamps.

They also have- or had a little scavenger hunt in the WS. We didn't buy the paper (to get the prize), but we casually found most of them. It is kind of a neat little extra if they offer it again.

Last edited:

Eric Graham

Original Poster
We had fun going before the pandemic. We took one of the drawing classes that year. Only problem was that was in the days where everyone's bag got searched by hand, and it took a very long time to get into the park that morning. By the time we were inside the gate, we were already late, so had to book it to the back of the park. Turns out they held the start of the class up for us and others who were also held up, but we didn't know that until we got there.

The class was interesting, and the artist was really talented and very kind. The only thing is, it was also a little sad because he used to work full time for Disney until animators were laid off. After that Disney continued to give him work, but only on a freelance basis.

The food we ate was also excellent. Many artists were there in person to talk/sign their work, so that part was neat.

I went again last year, and the festival seemed a bit reduced from what it had been. Far less art, and the food items were good, but not quite as exciting.

One thing to know is that you can spend quite a bit buying food. So you pay for a park ticket, then you spend quite a bit more on food if you aren't careful. The smoothie they sell outside by the Land was really good (they kept it after the festival), and it was nice to see fresh produce. The strawberry shortcake was a highlight. They have definitely gotten better with how well they handle/serve the food offerings over the years.

Do get a booklet as you enter the park. If you buy certain foods, be sure to get a stamp in your book to get credit. If you buy enough of the foods, they give you a free item. We didn't think we'd end up trying enough of them, but we did, so we were glad we had collected the stamps.

They also have- or had a little scavenger hunt in the WS. We didn't buy the paper (to get the prize), but we casually found most of them. It is kind of a neat little extra if they offer it again.
thank you so much for your wonderful advice and all of the others great advice. we've done the other festivals, but always wanted to do this one. We've never really done the scavenger hunt because we always thought that was always for kids. kind of a kid at heart, myself. I really love strawberry shortcake a whole lot. It is truly such a delicacy at Longhorn for me. So scrumptious. Never did the stamp thing ever when we were at the festivals. Often, my wife just walks the festival, and often I just eat at the chinese restaurant and sits down and relax while she is sampling the food. It is a fair balance :D

MickeyLuv'r

thank you so much for your wonderful advice and all of the others great advice. we've done the other festivals, but always wanted to do this one. We've never really done the scavenger hunt because we always thought that was always for kids. kind of a kid at heart, myself. I really love strawberry shortcake a whole lot. It is truly such a delicacy at Longhorn for me. So scrumptious. Never did the stamp thing ever when we were at the festivals. Often, my wife just walks the festival, and often I just eat at the chinese restaurant and sits down and relax while she is sampling the food. It is a fair balance :D
You're welcome!

We used to ignore most of the festival food booths too, but the food at the art festival is exceptional enough to be worthwhile. At least a few of the items. And the lines weren't too long either. In days past, the wine festival lines were really long/slow, but Disney's gotten better.

It might help to read some the reviews of the food once the festival starts to hear what's most popular, or just look which booths look crowded.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
You're welcome!

We used to ignore most of the festival food booths too, but the food at the art festival is exceptional enough to be worthwhile. At least a few of the items. And the lines weren't too long either. In days past, the wine festival lines were really long/slow, but Disney's gotten better.

It might help to read some the reviews of the food once the festival starts to hear what's most popular, or just look which booths look crowded.
great information always....my wife always loves to read the reviews! i just post them 🙃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom