Water Parks in December

Tom P.

Hello,

We are already looking at a WDW trip next December (2025) to see Disney during the Christmas season, which we've never done before.

We are used to being at Disney when it is roughly equivalent to walking on the sun, and have never experienced WDW in December. We love the Disney water parks, but I'm wondering if the weather will be suitable for that in December. I know they keep a water park open year round, but is actually comfortable? Is it worth spending time there at that time of year?

Thanks!

DisneyFanatic12

I know they keep a water park open year round, but is actually comfortable?
This is hard since it’s very subjective! I find that, except when the cold fronts come through, it’s fine being at the waterparks. They tend to heat the water pretty well too, just stay in the sun when you get out!

But with that being said, the temperature fluctuates quite a bit in the winter, so you’re playing the lottery.

Is it worth spending time there at that time of year?
I would say yes, although I’m sure quite a few would say no. The wait times tend to be nonexistent, so you can do the whole park multiple times if that’s what you wanted. It’s also really fun to see all the little decorations they add for the holidays at Blizzard Beach, and you can catch Santa walking around (and he’s quite funny)!

On the super cold days that aren’t quite cold enough to close, they tend to offer children’s activities and scavenger hunts. Overall, you run the risk of poor weather on your waterpark day, but if you do find it comfortable you’ll have a lot of fun!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Hello,

We are already looking at a WDW trip next December (2025) to see Disney during the Christmas season, which we've never done before.

We are used to being at Disney when it is roughly equivalent to walking on the sun, and have never experienced WDW in December. We love the Disney water parks, but I'm wondering if the weather will be suitable for that in December. I know they keep a water park open year round, but is actually comfortable? Is it worth spending time there at that time of year?

Thanks!
I have done a couple of hours there in December, but 2 years ago it was so cold we gave it a miss.

Starting next year if you stay onsite you can go to a water park on your check-in day. Not sure if that’s a limited time thing though.

Otherwise I would wait and just buy a ticket if you decide to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom