What good things are happening at Walt Disney World?

andrewmeyers

Original Poster
There’s certainly a lot to be concerned about (rising prices, deferred maintenance, etc.), but what are the good things that are happening at Walt Disney World? What is there to be excited about right now?

Fox&Hound

Despite the doom and gloom of these boards, there is the magic of walking down main street with the smells in the air as you catch your first glimpse of Cinderella’s castle. There are so many amazing rides filed with warm memories. WDW, despite its ridiculous price hikes, is still my home away from home.

DisneyHead123

This might be a good poll question (for those that still visit, what are your top reasons.)

For our family, it’s still really hard to beat Disney when traveling with a small child and elderly relatives. Granted, my little guy has sensory issues so the parks can be overwhelming, but they’re still the best option in terms of the adults actually getting something of a vacation. We are not going to be strolling through Europe or something like that with him, he would lose his dang mind. The only places that are really options are places that were built with tons of entertainment specifically for small children, and of those, Disney is great about having fun things for adults too. For grandparents, the accessibility is great.

As far as the new stuff, it’s not super high on the list of things I’m excited about because we go more for the “classic Disney” attractions. It might give us room to grow as our son gets older and preferences change though.

Vinnie Mac

There’s certainly a lot to be concerned about (rising prices, deferred maintenance, etc.), but what are the good things that are happening at Walt Disney World? What is there to be excited about right now?
The nighttime entertainment lineup is great. Happily Ever After playing nightly, the newer holiday firework shows for MK are great, Luminous at Epcot is wonderful, Fantasmic looks better than it ever has in its entire existence at WDW. Just need a real fireworks show back at DHS and a nighttime show back at DAK and we're good.

Chef Mickey

Iger is going to be out in another year or so.

They also haven't been able to ruin the legacy completely, because it would cost too much.

Sadly, I actually can't think of much new that is up to the old Disney standard. The old stuff (10+ years ago) is still what makes Disney. That's not all bad though because we still have that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom