Hurricane Milton coming to FL

DCBaker

Premium Member
In a new email, Disney says it's investing $3 million that will be used to assist cast members, the local community and nonprofits aiding in recovery efforts after Hurricane Milton.

Here's the email:

Florida friends and neighbors,

With Hurricane Milton now behind us, we hope that you all made it through the storm safely. We know it was a very challenging event and realize that many of our fellow Floridians are facing difficult circumstances as a result. It’s touching to see so many residents, local businesses and nonprofits stepping up to provide relief to those who need it. We’re especially thankful to our cast members who helped keep our guests and each other safe during the storm and continue to support our community.

Like all of you, we are dedicated to helping Florida move forward. Disney is investing $3 million that will be used to assist cast members, the local community and nonprofits aiding in recovery efforts.

This is in addition to the thousands of meals delivered to Second Harvest Food Bank and Osceola Council on Aging, as well as donations we made ahead of hurricane season to help Florida nonprofits stock up with supplies that could be used in storm shelters like blankets, sheets, pillows and hygiene products.

The Disney Employee Relief Fund has also been activated to assist any Disney employee whose primary home was impacted by the storm, and we’re providing other personalized assistance for cast, including repair services, mental health resources, backup adult and child care, and food, water and ice distribution.

As Florida continues to recover, we remain by the side of our extended Disney family and communities across the state. Thank you to all those who have stepped up before, during and after the storm to keep the people and places around us safe. We are proud to serve alongside you.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

It's great Disney is donating 3 million it would be even better if Bob donated 3 million of his 31.6 million salary

His net worth is estimated at over $700 million, so maybe he could chip in a few million more…?
I’m not one of those that hate rich people, and, ultimately, it’s none of my business what they do with their money, but $700 million and you can’t donate a few million here and there from time to time…?!
It’s not like he’s a spring chicken, and, as they say, you can’t take it with you…!!!!! :hilarious:;):hilarious:

Figgy1

And yet nobody knows whether Iger has donated or has not donated. Not everybody makes their charitable donations public. Just saying.
With how upset the latest cash grabs have made people, maybe he should and I was talking about how 2 individuals have equaled or exceeded the corporate donation

plutofan15

With how upset the latest cash grabs have made people, maybe he should and I was talking about how 2 individuals have equaled or exceeded the corporate donation
I am well aware of what you were referring to. I am not defending or criticizing the man. A person has the right to do whatever he or she wants to do with their money. If making it public makes you feel better, that's on you not the individual. For the record, I do not agree with more decisions the company has made recently than I agree with. For whatever that is worth.

Lilofan

In a new email, Disney says it's investing $3 million that will be used to assist cast members, the local community and nonprofits aiding in recovery efforts after Hurricane Milton.

Here's the email:

Florida friends and neighbors,

With Hurricane Milton now behind us, we hope that you all made it through the storm safely. We know it was a very challenging event and realize that many of our fellow Floridians are facing difficult circumstances as a result. It’s touching to see so many residents, local businesses and nonprofits stepping up to provide relief to those who need it. We’re especially thankful to our cast members who helped keep our guests and each other safe during the storm and continue to support our community.

Like all of you, we are dedicated to helping Florida move forward. Disney is investing $3 million that will be used to assist cast members, the local community and nonprofits aiding in recovery efforts.

This is in addition to the thousands of meals delivered to Second Harvest Food Bank and Osceola Council on Aging, as well as donations we made ahead of hurricane season to help Florida nonprofits stock up with supplies that could be used in storm shelters like blankets, sheets, pillows and hygiene products.

The Disney Employee Relief Fund has also been activated to assist any Disney employee whose primary home was impacted by the storm, and we’re providing other personalized assistance for cast, including repair services, mental health resources, backup adult and child care, and food, water and ice distribution.

As Florida continues to recover, we remain by the side of our extended Disney family and communities across the state. Thank you to all those who have stepped up before, during and after the storm to keep the people and places around us safe. We are proud to serve alongside you.
Even if TWDC donated millions more a few will still critic it wasn't enough or why execs don't personally donate. Disney isn't the only company meeting this feedback.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom