Hurricane Milton coming to FL 10/9

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Question my friend has…

They have a planned trip for Disney world starting this Saturday.

They are ultimately concerned about flooding and what will ultimately be opened and closed.

They don’t want to waste their money if they can still cancel and jeopardize their safety with flash flooding events.

They have time to decide. Since Milton has hit hurricane status, anything booked through WDW can be refunded or rescheduled. Everything 3rd party will need to be handled separately though. By late Thursday or early Friday there should be a much clearer picture how WDW is affected.

Q:
Will I be responsible for any cancellation or change fees or other amounts if a hurricane warning is issued within 7 days of my arrival date?
A:
If a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando area—or for your place of residence—within 7 days of your scheduled arrival date, you may reschedule or cancel your Walt Disney Travel Company Disney Resort hotel packages and most room only reservations (booked directly with Disney) without any cancellation or change fees imposed by Disney. Most room-only and vacation packages can be modified, or cancelled online, including changes to travel dates.
If you have products and services provided by third-party suppliers included in your vacation—such as air transportation, hotels, car rental agencies or travel insurance companies—you will continue to be responsible for any non-refundable payments, as well as cancellation or change fees assessed by those suppliers. The policy does not apply to certain special events or dining experiences.

cr3346

Pressure is up to 906 on the latest update. Seems Milton has gone through an ERC. Looks like he's starting to expand as well. The inner eye is only 5NM wide, which is incredibly small

1728348494370.png

Gringrinngghost

Are you still predicting a Homosassa landfall? Obviously that would be a preferable outcome for everyone in the WDW area, so I'd love to see you be right about that.
I have the same question as @Brian is your prediction the same?

Hey, sorry for the lateness of the message. I took a breather for a bit today and went to Epcot to check out the prep as I've been up since 2:50am EDT. The models are currently much more south of Homosassa Beach and the consensus. As of this moment in time, waiting for the new models, I am concurring with the NHC forecast models, but I want to note the system is being under represented by the models atm, but if I had to make a call with the latest that I've been seeing, Largo will be the epicenter. But again with the models showing the storm weaker by 70mb there abouts at the moment, I need to extrapolate further.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hey, sorry for the lateness of the message. I took a breather for a bit today and went to Epcot to check out the prep as I've been up since 2:50am EDT. The models are currently much more south of Homosassa Beach and the consensus. As of this moment in time, waiting for the new models, I am concurring with the NHC forecast models, but I want to note the system is being under represented by the models atm, but if I had to make a call with the latest that I've been seeing, Largo will be the epicenter. But again with the models showing the storm weaker by 70mb there abouts at the moment, I need to extrapolate further.
Here's hoping the diminished winds will lower the storm surge prediction for Tampa Bay...

EricsBiscuit

Thank you for the reply. Do the models show the approximate storm surge on the Hillsborough County coastline of Old Tampa Bay? Also, approximately what wind speeds are you expecting in Lutz and Carolwood? Thank you so much

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom